Chapter 4: Well?

I listen to Daichi, as he explains how the teams are split.

Apparently I'm with the two third years, while the team against us has two first years (Hinata and Kageyama), and a second year with really short hair that tries to look intimidating.

It's time to strategize.

I pull Asahi and Sugawara next to me, putting some space between us and the others, so that they won't be able to hear us. I look up at the two, a small smile creeping up to my face.

"I have a plan"

(After the little while, both teams are ready to start. The coin is flipped, and Alissa's team starts by serving)

Huh, I wonder what kind of serve I should do... They don't expect much from me, so maybe I will start slowly...

Ah, there's the sign, I think, trying to make my hands twitch just a little bit... Perfect! I can see the other team glancing at me from time to time. I continue the facade by looking around for a little bit. Yes, they're buying it...!

Let's do a jump floater for a start,I think, looking to the floor. When I raise my gaze, I let every ounce of fake nervousness drip away, leaving a ghost of a smile hanging from my lips. I take four small steps, readying my muscles as much as I could within the small time period. I jump, and time stops. I see Hinata trying to look around, but then my eyes find the perfect place.
The angle, it should be more than enough to score.

I hit the ball with my palm, a small, but still evident slap echoing in the gym.
The serve goes fast, and before they can realise that it's dropping, it has already touched the court.

My smile widens into a full blown grin; something my old teammates learned to understand with time.

More is coming.

I feel someone slapping my back, and I groan, showing Sugawara my wide smile. He relaxes, evident by his jaw unclenching.

"N-nice serve, Alissa!" I hear Asahi saying, and I nod to him.

"Let's get this show on the road" I mutter.

Seeing as my serve scored, the other team fidgets, their glares hardening.
I give them a playful smile, and Kageyama just mutters something to himself.

Alright, what next...? Ah, maybe I could- no, that would be a waste... I'll have to crush them by using brute strategics. Oh, there goes the signal...!

(While the two third years and Alissa were strategizing)

"Do you know what are the most important things in volleyball?" I ask them, my eyes completely serious.

They look at me weirdly.
"Strength, speed, and talent?" Asahi says, making it a question.

"Well, those are the core things, that anybody can harness, but do you know what things can be the perfect weapons, if they can be mastered?" I ask, tapping my foot slightly. They look questioning, so I continue with a sigh.

"The arts of deceiving, putting on a facade, and following the other team's every SINGLE expression, motion or posture, because even the slightest twitch of the finger can indicate something" I finally say, and they nod, aknowledgement flashing in their eyes.

"So, please keep your eyes on the opponents for me" I whisper, going off to tell, how to do it without people noticing, and more importantly, import the information to me.

(Back to the match, where Alissa is figuring out what to do as fast as she could)

At last, they are getting anxious... Oh, thumbs down from the both of them...! This is my time to relax!