Chapter 7

I had a long talk with the officer, who I later found out was named Norman, about everything that's happened so far and I described how my family life was. We then stopped in front of the hotel Thomas was staying at. I was confused but Officer Norman assured that he didn't make a mistake, I was still confused but I went along with it.

     I went inside the hotel finding a very ecstatic Thomas waiting in the lobby. Determined to get answers, I went up to him asking if he knew why Officer Norman brought me back here. "Well," he said, "I've talked about it a lot with Officer Norman and I've decided that I want to adopt you!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. So many thoughts were rushing through my head, so many questions I want to ask.

     "Hey, can I go to the restroom real quick?" I said. Thomas responded, "Yeah, of course!" I quickly went to the restroom and sat on the toilet seat to comprehend everything that happened in the last 3 minutes. I called Roxann to tell her what happened and she was freaking out. After she finished her little freak out session, her tone immediately got serious. I asked her if she was okay and she responded, "Since Thomas is going to adopt you...That means that you're going to move to Florida Itzel, you're my best friend and I can't live without you here in California. You're going to be on the other side of the freaking country." She's crying at this point and I start crying too, she was right. But there isn't any other choice. "Roxy, you've been my best friend for so many years, distance is not going to stop our friendship. I'm going to miss you so much but we're going to get through this. I love you so much and I'm never going to stop loving you. I will try to FaceTime, message and contact you whenever I can."

     "Hey Itzel, are you okay?" Thomas asks. "Yeah, I'll come out right now," I respond "Roxy, I'll call you back later." I hung up on Roxann, splashed my face with cold water and walked out, I noticed that Officer Norman was gone. "I'm sorry for staying in there for a while, I was on the phone with my best friend." I say. "Its okay kiddo, as long as you're okay." I smiled at him. This was going to be the start of my new life, I have a lot in store for me.

A/N
I'm so sorry that this took so long to put out and that it isn't that long. I have some drafts for the other chapters and I hope that you guys still stick around for it.
-Izzy 💗