Chapter 3

"Stop the bus! Stop the bus right now!" Tanaka screamed from the back of the bus. All I could hear was him screaming and Hinata throwing up.

We were headed to Aobajōsai high for the match they were invited to play. I was asked to come too to, again, keep the team in check. I sighed and looked out the window.

"Why'd you agree to come with us?" Tsukki, who was sitting in the chair across the aisle from me, asks.

"Someone needs to keep you guys from ripping each other apart," I answer, glancing at him from the corner of my eyes. He had a smirk on his face.

"Are you sure it wasn't because of another reason?"

"Are you implying I have a crush on someone on the team?" I ask, looking directly at him. He nods with a shrug and I sigh dreamily. "Oh of course, I'm just madly in love with the glasses wearing giant who's right in front of me," the sweet smile on my face turned sickly. "I'm here because Daichi is a friend and he asked me for help, don't joke around with me"

He gulped at my threatening tone. "Alright"

I smirk and chuckle, looking back out the window. He seemed like the kind of guy who liked getting under people's skin, get them riled up. We finally made it and as soon as we got off the bus Tanaka started talking to Hinata.

"Everything depends on you," Tanaka said, smacking Hinata on the back, making him even more nervous.

I elbow Tanaka, making him stop. "Stop pressuring him"

Hinata walked away, looking like he was gonna get sick again. Kageyama started walking towards him, looking angry, but me and Suga held him back.

"He's getting sick again? That's so pathetic, I'm gonna teach him a lesson," Kageyama said, rolling up his sleeves.

"If you don't stop he'll be even worse when you play. Let him get this out of his system," I tell him.

He growls but eventually lets up and grabs one of the bags on the ground. Daichi stepped off the bus, looking at the angry Kageyama and missing Hinata.

"The team would be a mess if you weren't here to keep them out of trouble," he tells me with a sigh.

"Don't worry about it"

I went with the team to the gym where the home team was practicing. We bowed, thanking them for having us here, they bowed and thanked us back for joining them, then Tanaka went back to putting even more pressure on Hinata. Hinata ran to the bathroom once again.

Soon the game started and Aobajōsai high got the first point. Hinata kept messing up the plays and Kageyama started yelling at him.

"Kageyama! Give it a rest!" I shout then point to the other team. "If you wanna fight with someone the other team's right there!"

I could hear some of the other team mumbling among each other about me and who I was. My face was known among other volleyball players considering I won nationals twice and I made it on the cover of a magazine once.

Hinata was serving next, looking like he was barely breathing. The score was 24-13 for Aobajōsai high. When the whistle blew and Hinata served Kageyama got hit in the back of the head with the ball. Tsukki and Tanaka started laughing and Daichi was trying to get them to stop. Hinata looked terrified as Kageyama approached him, his hair covering his eyes.

"Ugh, this is awful," I say, facepalming.

"They're trying," Kiyoko says.

"I'm not talking about their plays, it's the way they act with one another. They aren't acting like a team"

The second set started and they tried a quick attack but Hinata missed the ball and Kageyama actually apologized to him. Eventually Hinata did manage to spike the ball. Karasuno was winning so far. Hinata got hit in the face once but overall they were doing way better than the first set.

"You guys are doing pretty good," I tell them when there was a short break. "Keep trusting each other and keep the yelling at each other at a minimum"

"Right," they all said.

The game continued and we were one point away from winning. Hinata got the last point by spiking the ball with his eyes closed. While they were all taking a break until the next set some girls who were watching started screaming excitedly, like a celebrity had just walked in the room.

There was another guy standing with the other team in their uniform. The girls were going crazy over him.

"It might be that he got all the ladies' attention, but I already hate this guy," Tanaka said.

"Yeah, that's their team captain," Daichi said.

"Oikawa," Kageyama said.

The guy in question turned around, waving. "Hey there, long time no see, Kageyama," he had brown hair swept back and brown eyes, a little shorter than Tsukki. "How long has it been since I last saw you? You've really grown. How does it feel to be the king?"

"He's good. I learned everything I know about serving and blocking from him," Kageyama told us. "Do not underestimate him"

"Focus on the game, he's only another player on that team, don't think about it," I tell Hinata who seemed to begin freaking out again.

"Good luck," Oikawa said, winking at me before turning back to his team.

"Destroy them," I say finally.

Karasuno was winning by 4 points and needed one more to win on the third and final set. That's when the other team decided to put Oikawa in. The girls went crazier and the Karasuno team looked scared.

Oikawa did a perfect jump serve and got an ace. Then he did it again. And again, but the third time Tsukki bumped it back. Hinata blocked it when one of their teammates went to spike the ball, giving them a chance to get a point. Kageyama set the ball and Hinata, using his speed, spiked it, sending it right past a shocked Oikawa.

The room was silent as the ball bounced on the floor. Gasps sounded around the room and a whistle blew, signalling the end of the game.

"Whoa"

"What'd you think?" Daichi asks me while everyone came over to me and stood in a line.

"That was incredible, I've never seen plays like that before. You guys could work on the teamwork and trust, but that was the best I've ever seen Karasuno play"