Chapter 17

I missed the first two games the boys had because I had my own team and games to worry about. My team managed to win both of our games, we were doing good so far. I was told the boy's team won both games they had played so far as well and their next opponents were Aobajōsai.

"Don't you have a game?" Ukai asked me.

"No, they had to reschedule it because of the state the gym was in from our last match"

"What happened during your last match?" He asks, horrified of what the answer might be.

"Well... I accidentally got a girl in the nose, caused her to get a nosebleed, now there's blood on the court. They need to clean it up"

"You sure are rough kid"

"I get really involved in the game, sometimes I don't notice what happens until it's over"

The game started. Karasuno on one side, Aobajōsai on the other. There was a massive crowd cheering for Aobajōsai, plus another group of girls cheering for Oikawa. I watched anxiously from the sidelines as Oikawa got the first point. He was pulling all the moves, showing off even. Proving he was better. Every time Oikawa even came close to the ball the girls would shriek.

Aobajōsai continued racking in the points. Karasuno kept confusing their opponents with their plays, something smart. During timeout Kageyama told me and Ukai that Oikawa figured out the signal they used. How they would call out different things for different plays.

"Mess them up then"

"How?" Kageyama asks.

"Say 'send it' when you actually mean 'bring it'. Oikawa thinks he has you guys figured out but now the tables will be turned. We'll put his team into chaos. Every second round switch it up. So, after another two rounds you will go back to normal"

"Right!" The team said before going back to the court.

"Wait!" They all crowded back around me.

My eyes glanced over to Aobajōsai, more specifically Oikawa. He was watching me while his team got ready. He smiled, waving, and I quickly took my eyes off of him.

"Don't just look out for Oikawa, their whole team is what you need to watch out for"

They went back on to the court and got a couple more points, before Oikawa noticed that we had simply changed around what words we say for what play. His team gained the lead once again.

Aobajōsai won the first set. Not very surprising. Even though Karasuno had practiced like their lives depended on it they were still a ways away from skill like their opponents.

"Hey. Karasuno, mind if I talk with your assistant coach for a second?"

Oikawa had come over in between sets. The team glared at him but he just threw an arm around my shoulder and walked away with me, I swore I heard some growls.

"What?" I ask, shaking off his arm.

"I saw what you did there, you almost had me fooled for a second"

"What are you talking about?"

"Changing up the names of the plays. Smart"

"And?"

He led me outside. It was quiet, nobody was walking around and anyone who would've been here was inside. We stood in front of the building, a couple steps away from the door.

"Do you have anything you want to say to me?"

"Go easy on them?" I ask, not knowing what he was talking about.

He chuckles. "You know that can't happen, but that's not what I'm talking about"

"Then what are you talking about"

"The beach silly, did you forget already?"

I look away from him, hiding my face in my hair. I was hoping he wouldn't bring it up. I didn't know what my answer was, still stuck between wether or not he'd actually be a good boyfriend. If it would ruin my reputation or not.

"Uh, um..."

"You don't know how you feel about me yet, do you?"

"Well..."

He smirked, placing his hands on my hips. "That's okay, Myra-chan," I shivered.

It felt weird having him call me that but not in his normal childish voice, it was a whisper, making it sound seductive almost.

"Can I get a good luck kiss before the next set starts?"

"Why would I give you a good luck kiss? My team is the one that needs the luck"

He kissed me anyway. This time it wasn't just a light peck, he didn't have to rush off somewhere immediately. I could feel my cheeks start to burn as I closed my eyes and gave in to the feeling of his lips. He pulled away but leaned in to my ear.

"See you, Myra-chan" he whispered before walking back in the gym.

I stood outside for a minute, trying to calm my cheeks. I heard a whistle and some cheers, meaning the game had started again. When I went back inside Ukai raised an eyebrow.

"Where were you?"

"I-uh had to go to the bathroom"

"Yeah well we could sure use your help catching back up"

I noticed a difference in the team. Kageyama seemed to be accommodating his teammates, something he wasn't known for doing. Oikawa served the ball, going for an ace, but Tsukki and Kageyama blocked it, winning the set.

"Yes!" Me and Ukai shout.

This was exactly what the team needed. A victory against Aobajōsai. Not only that, the teamwork, even Kageyama putting up with Tsukki to win.

The third set was a loss. They ended up in many deuces, getting 31-31, but eventually Aobajōsai won. The team was saddened and disappointed but I couldn't be prouder.

"You guys were amazing"

"We lost," Tsukki mutters.

"Who cares that you lost!" I exclaim.

"Is she okay?" Hinata whispers to Noya.

"Guys, you take this as a loss. I see this as an opportunity for you guys to get even better. We finally have the one thing I was trying to teach since the beginning"

"What's that?" Suga asks.

"Teamwork"

"Wow, you're pretty inspirational," Ukai says.

"Oh, I'm being a bit over dramatic, aren't I?" I ask, smiling sheepishly and combing my fingers through my hair.

"No way. All you've just said is the truth"