Chapter 12

"We should be training for the Interhigh tournament, not going to the beach," Kageyama grumbled.

"This is training, a more fun version. I could make you do laps around the beach if that's what you want"

He quickly shook his head. I snickered and set my things down on the sand. Some of them were setting up the volleyball net, others were just talking. Most of them were already shirtless, ready to start the game out in the hot sun. And I must say it was a sight. The only word that came to my mind was abs. I don't know how but all these guys managed to be super fit.

"Alright guys, two teams!" I order, drawing my eyes away from all the toned bodies.

One team was uneven. It was 6 on one side and 5 on the other. One of the players, Kinoshita, couldn't come today because he had to study. I made my way to the team that was short a player.

"I'll play with you," I told them.

"Yes! We get Ace!" Noya exclaimed.

I removed my blue sweater, leaving me in my shorts and tank top. I had a bikini top on underneath, one that would give me support for all the jumping, if it got too hot.

My team had me, Noya, Suga, Ennoshita, Tsukki and Guchi. The other team was Daichi, Asahi, Hinata, Kageyama, Tanaka, and Narita. Ukai was the referee. He blew the whistle and Kageyama served.

"Mine!" Noya shouted, bumping the ball to the setter.

"Ace!" Suga shouted.

I jumped and spiked the ball, breaking through the wall created by Asahi and Daichi. They both looked at their reddening arms in shock.

"How'd you do that?" Asahi asked.

"Lots of strength and power, plus I added a bit of a curve on the ball"

"One point to Ace's team!" Ukai shouted then blew the whistle.

Ennoshita served the ball next. Daichi received it, sending it to Kageyama who set it for Hinata. Hinata was in the air, eyes closed, ready to smack the ball onto our side, but I jumped just in time to stop the ball from leaving their side. It hit the sand next to Hinata's feet and he seemed amazed.

"Wow, you blocked that?" He asked me.

"Obviously, the ball's on your side"

"Awesome job, Myra," Suga said, patting me on the back.

"I feel like you guys have an unfair advantage having me on the team," I joke.

Kageyama seemed to grow dark at my comment. "Keep playing," he told us.

The ball was served and Kageyama tried to spike the ball, having Daichi set it to him, but I blocked it once again. This made Kageyama angrier.

"This is for fun, it's not a competition, stop acting so childish," I tell him through the net.

"Don't worry Myra, the king is just mad that he's losing," Tsukki said.

"Moron, you are not helping whatsoever," I tell him. His eyebrows furrowed together at the nickname.

"Let's keep the game going!" Ukai shouted at us.

Eventually the score was 24-17 for my team, Kiyoko had been writing the scores down on some paper she had with her. I served the ball, making it easier for the receivers to receive. I started going a little easier on them since we only needed one point to win.

"Mine," I shouted, running towards the empty space the ball was heading towards.

I hit the ball towards Suga so he could set it to Guchi. I didn't see what happened next because I managed to run straight into somebody, I hadn't been paying attention to where I was running, only the ball. I felt the rise and fall of someone's chest and something dripping down my forehead.

I groaned, opening my eyes to see I was on top of Tsukki. His cheeks were red and his eyes were wide, but he was staring at my forehead. I got off of him, apologizing while helping him up.

"Sorry, I was too focused on the game"

"You're bleeding," he told me, moving my bangs away from my forehead. With his other hand he rubbed some of the blood off of my forehead and showed it to me, answering my confused look.

"Oh, how'd that happen?" I wonder out loud.

"You probably hit your forehead off of the corner my glasses"

"Yeah"

"Ace, are you okay?" Noya asked me.

"I'm fine, just a little cut"

"That was a nice receive," Daichi told me.

Everyone had stopped playing, they were all getting a drink.

"Why'd you guys stop?"

"We won," Suga told me.

"Really? Nice"

I walk over to where Kiyoko was sitting. She handed me a cloth and a plain bandaid for my forehead. I wiped away the blood and stuck the bandaid over the cut. Luckily my bangs covered it.

"Hey, Kiyoko, do you know how to play volleyball?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "Not really"

"You've never thought of playing?"

She shrugs. "It looks fun"

"If you want I could show you a bit of things, maybe you'd be able to play with us sometime"

She smiles. "It's nice having you around"

"R-really? How?"

"Not being the only girl anymore helps"

I chuckle. "Yeah, they can be a handful"

"Myra get over here, we're starting the next set!"

"One sec"

I stood up and removed my tank top, starting to feel like my body was overheating. It had definitely gotten warmer outside since we started playing.

"Be careful," Kiyoko told me.

"Why?" I ask her.

She points behind me and when I turn I saw all the guys staring at me. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"They definitely are a handful"

"Good luck"

"Thanks"

I ran on to my side of the court, the eyes were still on me. I was serving the ball first but I couldn't do it with all these eyes on me.

"Oh, c'mon, this can't be your first time seeing a girl in a bathing suit!" I snap.

They all blinked and got ready, well most of them. Some of them continued to stare. I served the ball and the game begun.