Nasty Fall

CHAPTER 12

>>MARCO'S POV<<

It was the first class of the day. I was bored and decided I would just draw a picture of Jean in my sketch book when suddenly there were two hands that slammed onto my desk top, startling me.

"What're you drawing Freckles?"

"Oh Jean, it's just you!" I chuckled as I put a hand to my chest which was beating so hard and fast I feared it would burst. "I was just... drawing some random person." I lied to my friend.

"Hm." Jean uttered as he gazed down at the image. "Looking good Freckles, looking good."

"Thanks." I said as I quickly closed the book. Jean then sat on the top of my desk and picked up my sketch book.

"Any other good pictures?" Jean asked as he flipped through the pages and glanced at me.

"Well... In the front of the book, there's a lot of scenic sketches, and then towards the middle there are portraits and cartoon sketches." I answered him.

Jean nodded his head as he looked through those pages. He then reached the portraits and stopped at one of me. "What's this?"

"Oh that? I drew that when I was in the hospital after my accident. My right side of my face got badly hurt, I forgot to mention... So I drew my face with the left half perfectly good as it was and then the right side which was the bad side, I had covered with several different flowers... You like it?"

Jean nodded. "It's beautiful..." He then flipped through other pages and stopped at another one of me sitting on a brick wall with wings like the Wings of Freedom on my back. "What's this one?"

I chuckled a bit, forgetting I ever drew that one. "Oh, I went through a phase where I liked angels and so I drew myself on a brick wall with angel wings... This was my first portrait project for this class."

"I love it." Jean said as he smiled at it. "It's flawless."

"Do you... Want it?" I asked Jean as I looked at him with a slight smile.

"Really? You mean it?" Jean looked as happy as a little kid on Christmas.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, rip it out and take it."

"Ok." Jean carefully tore the page out of the book and held it in his hand as he set down the sketch book. "It looks so wonderful... Thank you."

I blushed real bright and looked away from Jean so he couldn't tell I was blushing. "I should be the one thanking you for admiring my art." I said softly. "But you're welcome, Jean."

Jean smiled at me and then swung his legs over the desk to sit in his seat beside me. "So hey, wanna go with me to buy some new art supplies today? My mom finally mailed me my check so I can buy new supplies."

"Check? For what?" I asked my friend, a bit curious as to why he had received a check from his mother.

"Oh, from when I worked at her café before I came here... She never gave me my last check."

"Oh." I said softly as I looked into his beautiful eyes. "I would love to go shopping for new art supplies with you."

"Great. After school we can go." Jean said as he took out his sketch book.

"Sounds like a plan." I beamed at Jean.

"Yep." Jean replied and just then class began. I couldn't wait till the end of the day though. I was just so excited about it for some reason.

>>JEAN'S POV<<

"Ready to go Freckles?" I asked Marco as I waited for him by the entrance door of the school.