S.O.S.

CHAPTER 14

>>MARCO'S POV<<

I woke up early in the morning, with my arm feeling extremely stiff. I winced at the pain as I threw off my covers and sat up. I looked at my upper arm which had a large circle that was black and blue. I poked it and clenched my teeth.

I crawled out of bed and stumbled over to my closet. I had to wear something that covered up the bruise. If Jean saw it, he would just grow worried and keep asking if I was sure I was alright. Me, hitting it a lot, certainly isn't helping it heal.

I decided to wear a button up white dress shirt, with a pair of my black skinny jeans, and my classic red and white flat sneakers. I buttoned up my shirt leaving a few buttons on top undone.

I sat on my bed all dressed for school, and decided to try and stretch out my arm. I rolled my shoulder a bit and did a few arm circles which helped ease the stiffness of my shoulder. When I had finished loosening up my arm, I decided to get breakfast ready for Jean. For the first time in a while, I wasn't hungry for breakfast.

I made my way to the kitchen and found myself making poached eggs and a few strips of bacon. It wasn't too fancy of a meal, but Jean told me he would eat anything I made so it didn't matter. When it came to food, Jean wasn't a picky person.

Just as I was finishing up, Jean sat down by the counter with his hands folded on the counter top. "So Freckles, what's on the menu?"

I turned my head over my shoulder while I held onto the skillet to look at my close friend. "Poached eggs and bacon with a glass of orange juice." I replied and turned my head to ensure I wouldn't burn anything.

"Good, one of my personal favorites." Jean said with a half smile. I chuckled as I brought the skillet over with a spatula and scooped all the food onto his empty plate. "Man, you're the best cook ever! Not to mention the excellent service!"

"Oh, well I just used to be a chef and waiter at some restaurant back in my hometown. I also spent time cooking and baking with my mom for just about every meal." I said with a bright smile.

"Well keep it up!" Jean said with a face full of eggs and bacon. I laughed at the blond boy before me. He was so adorable.

I managed to whisper a "Thanks" and then began to clean up my mess.

"Your arm doing ok, Freckles?" Jean asked as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

I stopped scrubbing the counter and looked up at Jean and then back down at the counter. "Yeah! Never been better!" I faked a smile and lied.

"Well that's good." Jean said nodding his head. He then looked at his phone screen and slipped it back into his pants pocket. I let out a sigh of relief to see my friend believed me.

"Hey Marco?" Jean asked as he brought his plate over to the sink.

"Yeah?"

"Eren told me you didn't actually trip over that garbage can..."

I froze in my tracks. My eyes grew wide in shock and I tried to cover up my surprise. "Did he now?" I gave Jean a nervous chuckle with a matching smile. I could feel the sweat forming at my hairline.

"He said you were beat up by these two students..."

It felt as though my heart stopped beating. Dear God, Jean might finally find out! Not now! Not ever! He can't know!

"Can you believe that guy? Why would he come up with such a story? Where would he even come up with that silly tale? If it was supposed to be a joke, it sure wasn't funny. The nerve of that dick face!"