Explanation

CHAPTER 19

>>JEAN'S POV<<

My mom and I sat on the kitchen while Marco stood by the door in the entry way. My body trembled as my mother told me to take a seat. I did as she asked and clenched my fists on my lap.

"Let me get this straight, you just told me you're gay?" My mother asked as she stood before me.

"Y-yes mom..." I stuttered in fear. "I'm sorry if you aren't proud of me, but it's who I am and I can't change that! Go ahead and leave me like dad, but that will never change the fact that you have a gay son!"

"Your father left us... Not just you... And he had his own problems. I'm not going to kick you out or abandon you. In fact, I'm a bit hurt that you would think I would act in such a way." My mother said as as crossed her arms.

"You mean you don't hate me?" I asked with my body growing stiff.

"I could never hate my son, whether he was gay or straight. Jeany Boy, I love you. I must admit, I'm not too fond of this, but you can't change and I understand that."

My eyes grew wide. She was handling this much better than I thought.

"The boy seems nice and all. I mean, I'm not worried that you two will get into trouble... I just trust that you two will be smart." My mom eyes me with a "you know what I mean" look.

I nodded my head as I felt tears build up in my eyes. "Thanks mom..." I whispered.

"Oh Jeany Boy..." My mother said as she embraced me into a warm and comforting hug. I wiped my tears away as she let go and smiled at me. "Why don't we ask him to stay for dinner. I'd like to get to know Marco a bit more."

I nodded my head yes and walked into the entry way. I smiled at Marco. He was right. She would understand. That was when I knew for a fact I could trust Marco no matter what.

>>MARCO'S POV<<

"So Marco, do you have any siblings? Please tell me more about your family." Jean's mom asked as we sat at the table for dinner. It was just your normal dinner of chicken, potatoes, and other vegetables. (Thank god Sasha wasn't here or she would keep it all to herself)

"Well I have a 15 year old sister who lives back home with my mom. My dad left us when I was 12."

"I'm sorry to hear that Marco. I'm sure Jean has told you about my divorce with Mr. Kirstein a few years ago."

"He did." I said as I gave Mrs. Kirstein a look of sympathy. "I'm terribly sorry to hear that."

"It's all fine now. Jeany Boy is all I needed anyways."

"Mom!" Jean shouted with his face growing red.

I giggled as I looked to Jean who was sitting next to me. Jean turned away and blushed. He was so cute. If his mom wasn't there watching, I would have kissed him on the cheek.

"I was wondering Mrs. Kirschtein, is it alright if Jean comes with me to meet my family tomorrow?" I asked as I set down my fork.

"Why of coarse! I would love it for Jean to meet your family. Jean?"

"Well duh mom! We sort of planned our weekend out." Jean said with a full mouth.

"Of coarse! How dumb of me!" Mrs. Kirschtein laughed sweetly. "You two better not stay up all night though!"

"Stay up all night?" Jean asked as he put down his fork.

"Well Marco is staying the night right?"

Jean looked to me and I smiled at him. "I'd be delighted to Mrs. Kirschtein." I looked to Jean's mom.

"Great! Jeany Boy can show you the guest room when we are all finished with dinner!" Mrs. Kirschtein replied happily and cheery.

"Great!" I giggled as I glanced at Jean who blushed a bit. "Thanks."