What Happens Next

Hey all! I know its been awhile. Here's my latest update and I'm hoping to have another one very soon. Comment below on what you want to see happen. Thank you for the support as always.

**************************************************************************************

"I still think that thing will cause us nothing but bad luck," Hudson says eyeing the gem around Uma's neck.

"This is the isle," Uma reminds him.

"We don't exactly need a necklace or a talisman to cause bad luck. Our entire existence is rotten luck."

"Well it's not every day on the isle that mermaids try to kill you," Gil points out.

"Because its not every day we visit that part of the isle. Come on guys! It's just a beautiful jewel," Uma argues. "Pretty but not powerful."

"We fight to survive almost every day," Harry counters. "What made today different? So some overgrown fish tried to attack us. We conquered them."

"We sure did," Uma smiles proudly.

She turns to their mermaid captives who are flailing around in a kiddie pool still entangled in the net.

"We should probably figure out what to do with them," Desiree says.

"Just wait until I get out of here. I'll really let you know how real that curse is," Nerida threatens.

"Throw em in the bilge for now. I've got bigger fish to fry," Uma tells her.

"I'm not going down there," Desiree refuses. "I think I saw a few kelp coastal stingers down there last time."

"Oh come on," Uma rolls her eyes. "They're only poisonous if they have tentacles."

"I say send the little ones down there then," Desiree eyes scrawny Naïve.

"Gil and Hudson can take this one." Naïve squeaks. "They're the ones doubting Uma."

"I'll go with them," a pale girl with a green bandanna tied to hold back her dreaded locs volunteers.

"Good looking out Red Locks," Uma compliments the girl only a year younger than herself.

"Initiative like that gets you bumped up to third or second mate."

"Thanks, captain,"  Red Locks smiles pleased with herself.

"Uma, you're gonna miss a good time tonight. My cousin has been teaching me to brew and I brought some beer to test out tonight," Desiree tells her.

"Sounds like a wicked time. Save me a pint, Des."

"There's gonna be some really good looking guys here tonight too. You sure you can't skip work?" Desiree pushes. 

"Skip work to flirt with some guys who are already constantly falling over me on a regular basis? Yeah, no! So not worth mom's wrath."

The crew  is busy putting up paper decorations and Harry pulls Uma  into the captain's quarters.

"I'll have the rest of the crew fill me in on what they did today, " Harry offers. "You're already late for the night shift."

"Mom is running low on stock so she's pushing the mashed peas heavy this week.," Uma makes a disgusted face.

"It's the weekend. Everyone will be shitfaced tonight. They won't even care what it tastes like."

"Mom will be plotting in her grotto tonight and she always takes Flotsam and Jetsam with. Which means you're free to stay the night "

"When you get off it's more the wee hours of the morning," Harry jokes. "But I'll take any time with you I can."

"Mom is coming up with all types of ways to penny pinch. She's working me even harder than usual."

"I've been saving up money from the dice games. We'll move out and get our own place soon," Harry assures her.

"We're still screwed until we break out of this prison," Uma glares at the porthole through which she can see Auradon in the foggy distance.

"There's talk around the isle that the barrier is weakening. The witches say there's cracks that allow little bits of magic to be done. Of course even combined none of them are quite strong enough to bring down the barrier."

"And you think I can?" Uma raises her brow.

"Maybe not bring it down but I believe you'll be the one to open it," Harry states with confidence.

"I know you think since CJ found a way off the isle;  we can too.  And sometimes I wonder if its all just a pipe dream. Who are we kidding thinking we'll be able to leave this miserable place?" Uma sighs.

"You can't think like that. We don't have to bow down to those Auradon brats to get out of this place. But until we leave we'll do what we do best and survive."

"I'll see you late tonight," she stands on tip toe placing a soft kiss on his lips before grabbing her sling bag.

"I'll walk you to the docks," he offers.

"Keep doing things like that and people will know we're a couple for real," Uma teases him.

"See you later," he kisses her again before letting her go.

Uma is walking off the ship when she stops in front of a not so pleasant face.

"Why hello, cousin," Marissa greets Uma.

Uma can't help but observe how radiant her cousin looks.  Her long hair looks freshly blown straight and is pulled back in a sleek ponytail. Her pouty lips are a deep red and her makeup looks flawlessly set. She's wearing a tight red mini dress with canvas sneakers and a denim jacket.

"Marissa, you look..." Uma searches for the proper word before replying, "Different".

"And you look like you're ready to sling fries and fish sticks all night," Marissa retorts. "Although that's better than gorging on them I guess. Wouldn't want to look like your mother in a few years."

"I guess when you have no musical talent like the rest of your family you have to know your lane. So who's the big bidder tonight?"Uma smirks. "Or are you still giving it up for free?"

"What are you trying to insinuate, Uma," Marissa glares at her.

"Oh, you know what they say about girls who wear big hoops," Uma lightly flick's one of Marissa's large gold hoop earrings. 

"Aren't you late?" Marissa asks annoyed.  "You should probably get going. Aunt Ursula doesn't take lateness well."

"Don't have too much fun while I'm away. I know this is your big chance to pretend that you're not always number two."

And with that Uma rushes off to the chip shoppe.

"Oh I think tonight's party will be a  one for the books," Marissa laughs to herself. "I hope Harry is ready for a fun time."