Payback

Harry stumbles into the 1st mate's cabin gripping onto the wall for balance. His legs feel gelatinous and it's almost as if he's waltzing on air.  He should not have let Hudson and Gil convince him to do that keg stand. 

Taking off his jacket he throws it in an empty corner while still lazily carrying his hook. He's so hot his skin is flush and he's sweating.

It is probably for the best that Uma is gone tonight. He gets extra friendly when he's drunk and she's been looking especially beautiful lately. It would be a struggle to try not to push her into something she isn't ready for. Not to mention his head is still spinning from when  Marissa tried to kiss him. He knew girls on the isle could be sneaky and underhanded  but it still wasn't expected. Did Marissa just think he would cheat on Uma? Is it not obvious how in love with her he is? 

On one of the walls he has a board with papers pinned on it hanging over a small desk. Harry gently taps on a weathered picture of an old Victorian style house. The house has a wrap around porch perfect for lounging on a lazy summer afternoon. Around it has has tiny sketches of what he imagines the inside to look like. The old picture was cut from a book at school when he was ten. After seeing an Auradon propaganda poster mentioning vision boards he decided to create his own.

Only Uma knows of his vision board and his hopes and dreams for the future.  She's the only one who wouldn't make fun of big bad Harry Hook for dreaming of children and a big kitchen where his family could share meals together.

His vision board also contains a large ship. One not as threatening as a pirate ship but still worthy of sailing the deep seas.  One day he hopes to be able to sail the world with Uma by his side. 

He used to have a picture of his father on the board to represent his dream of becoming just like his old man. That was back when he was a child who listened to the stories of his father's former greatness as one of the most feared pirates ever. As he grew older and wiser he realized that his father was beaten and humiliated by a mere child.  And it left his as nothing but a sorry drunk with broken dreams and delusions about being in power again. Harry realized that he would have to be twice the pirate his father had ever been to make his escape from this island prison. Still a part of him yearned for his father's love and respect which is why he continues to carry his own hook. He no longer has dreams of having his hand gnawed off by Tic-Tock or one of his descendants. However carrying his Hook is still a source of comfort and he finds he would appear less intimidating without it.

Placing his hook on a crate neck to his mattress that acts as a makeshift nightstand he settles into bed for the night. His head starts spinning when it hits the pillow and he closes his eyes for relief.  Between the alcohol bringing on fatigue and the gentle rocking of the boat he is lulled to sleep. 

On the docks Uma was now approaching the ship where the party was still underway. As she walked across the thin wooden bridge she took in the music and stench of beer.

"Gil!" Uma called out spotting the blonde haired boy clinking mugs with some red haired girl.

"Captain!" Gil called over waiving his mug in the air. 

"Where's Harry?" she starts to asks before a large force rocks the ship almost sending them stumbling.

"What was that?" Gil asks.

"What's the matter pirates? Afraid of a few rocky waves?" Marissa's voice calls out.

Everyone turns to the opposite side of the ship where Marissa is floating on a wave. An army of octopids were behind her posed for attack.

"Marissa!" Uma hisses her face turning angry. 

"Oh cousin!" Marissa spots her in the crowd. "How nice of you to join us."

"No one comes to my ship uninvited", Uma tells her.

"Now i bet you regret not going to the witch school now. If you think this is impressive wait and see. What i can do with a little bit of magic rivals what many can do full power."

"Don't hype yourself up. Your mother was never a match for mine and you're no different," Uma reminds her. I'm not afraid of some half mermaid. I just beat two myself in case you didn't know."

"Oh you mean the mermaids I set free?  Well they're angrier than ever now." she points at the sea below her.

Sure enough swimming in the waters below Nerida and Siren are looking madder than ever. Nerida's eyes are glowing blue and her tails looks longer and more serpentine. While Siren's are a fierce shade of red.

"It's time for you to pay for all the years you and your mother ridiculed me and mine calling us weaker."

The octopid army swarms the deck with their long tentacles trashing and smashing everything in their path. The pirates are doing their best to put up a fight but its hard when intoxication is fighting to keep its dominance. Which is exactly why Marissa decided to attack now.

"Hudson!" Uma grabs him out of the path of one of the octopid's flying tentacles.

"Thanks for the assist,Captain," he says grateful.

"Hudson, find Harry," Uma instructs. "He's one of our strongest and we need him fighting."