Final Battle

Sorry I took so long! A bit of writer's block made me wait awhile to update and I'm glad I did. I hope you all enjoy the latest update. And please comment below with you're feedback. As always thanks for continuing to read this story and follow Uma and Harry on their journey.

*********************************************************************************************

Uma doesn't realize what hit her until she finds her face against the cold, wet deck. She winces in pain as she struggles to push herself up. What a sight she must be with her reddening cheek and frizzing soaked bun. 

"Do not let her win, Uma,"she faintly hears Harriet admonish her.

"I think you octopids have done enough," Marissa comments blasting the remaining octopids and reabsorbing the power she used to make them rise.

Holding her own dark triton she sends a small blast Uma's way which strikes her.

"Harriet, I don't know magic like her," Uma winces grabbing her side. "I'm not sure what to do."

"Whatever you do I want you to do it for Harry," Harriet tells her. "We all know you love him and want him safe. Let that be you're motivator."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Uma tries to maintain her facade. "He and I are just friends. Nothing but captain and first mate."

"Oh, please!" Harriet rolls her eyes. "You're both such terrible liars it's so obvious. Plus Harry has been in love with you since he was a little kid."

"Really?" Uma asks surprised.

"Everyone knows about his feelings for you. He wasn't exactly doing a great job at hiding them," Harriet continues in a lower voice. "I know we're all supposed to be the baddest around but there's no reason you can't be a bad girl with a bad boy at your side."

"You're right," Uma admits with a new fervor in her voice. 

"As much as I hate to break up a little girl chat.  Ha! Who am I kidding," Marissa laughs. "I live for moments like these."

She hurls a bottle their way which smashes in a cloud of green smoke. When the smoke disappears Uma and Harriet find themselves bound by large pieces of kelp. Their bonds are too tight to break free but that doesn't stop the girls from attempting to move.

"I feel like a piece of rotten sushi," Uma huffs.

"We smell like it too," Harriet whines. "At least it will blend with the shrimp smell."

Uma ignores her remark and turns her attention back on Marissa.

"Look at everyone now, cowering in fear," Marissa laughs while continuing to wave her trident.

"All this makes me wish I paid more attention during mom's futile attempts at creating potions and casting spells to bring down the barrier," Uma admits.

"I don't get it. How is she so powerful?" Harriet asks.  "Her mother couldn't cast a spell to save her life!"

Another strong wave rocks the ship sending everyone fleeing to one side as their screams fill the air. 

"Bow down to the new Queen of the Isle!" Marissa declares.

Uma feels her body submerged in waves. Harriet is no longer by her side and they are no longer on the ship. She's never been afraid of the water but right now it feels as if she's drowning.  Though one of the best swimmers on the isle she is struggling to stay afloat.

Everything around her is blurry. She closes her eyes and soon feels a warmth around her body. Her mother's necklace is glowing brighter than ever and her fingers are tingling.