Chapter One

It was your first day at Kunugigaokoa Junior High School, and you had to make it special.

"Okay everyone, today we have a new student joining us!" the teacher announced. You stood awkwardly in front of the class, fiddling with your fingers behind your back. "How about you introduce yourself."

"Oh, uhh... sure," You swallowed your spit and took a deep breath. "Hi, my name is (Y/F/N), (Y/L/N). Um... I really like anime, I enjoy reading fanfictions, and I'm really excited to be here!" You tried to give a genuine smile, but it was obviously fake. Your face turned a little red from embarrassment, and your stared at the floor, awkwardly taking your seat, trying to to say much.

"Well thank you, Miss (Y/L/N). I'm very happy for you to be here with us," the teacher gave a quick smile and then turned to the board to start the lesson.

You starting taking lots of notes, not noticing the two boys who were whispering behind you. You couldn't really tell exactly what they were saying, but you knew they were talking about you. You picked up some words like "(Y/F/N) is a cute name", "She's super hot", and "I wonder if she's single". It was hard to ignore, and everything they said made you super uncomfortable.

Damn! Why do boys have to be so stupid! You thought angrily to yourself. You gritted your teeth, but kept on taking notes.

At lunch, a group a boys (led by the two who were whispering in class), asked if you wanted to sit with them. Thankfully you were snatched up by a large group of girls who told them to bug off.

"Don't worry about them, they're always trying to pick up girls," one of the girls sighed.

"Oh, I see..." you replied, staring at the ground. You were hungry as fuck, and you were desperately waiting to just sit down and eat.

You followed the girls over near a large tree where you all sat down and started to eat. Finally. You stuffed food into your mouth like there was no tomorrow. The other girls laughed, your face was covered in food. You laughed with them. It wasn't really a real laugh, but oh well. You wanted to make a good first impression. So far, so good.

+ + +

Once the school bell rang for dismissal, everyone packed up their things and started to head out. As you followed your fellow classmates who filtered out the school gates, you noticed some kids walking down from the hill not far away from the school. You were quite confused because they were wearing your school uniforms.

Why aren't they leaving from the main building? You pondered.

You sat down on a bench in front of the school, watching the students go by. There was a girls with bright green hair, who was walking next to (who seemed to be) a boy with blue hair that was put up in piggy tails. One of the guys even looked like Jean from Attack on Titan.

Then, behind everyone else, there was a boy with bright red hair. He was hot, like super hot.

Oh shit, he's one fiiiiine man, you thought with a small grin on your face as he passed by.

"Hey look, it's that tomato creep," You heard one of your classmates laugh. You turned to see it was one of the boys who was trying to hit on you through out the day. He was standing next to his friend who was also laughed as well.

"Hey you! Tomato Head!" the other boy shouted. The red haired boy stopped in his tracks. The boys continued to laugh.

Why are they picking on him? What the hell did he ever do? You thought angrily.

"Why don't you just kill yourself, Tomato Head! No one likes you anyways!"

WHAT THE FUCK!?! WHO DID THESE ASSHOLES THINK THEY ARE!?! You shot up from your spot on the bench and walked over to your classmates.

"HEY! Who the hell do you think you are!?!" you shouted as the boys turned to you in shock. "Who the fuck gave you the goddamn right to tell someone to go kill themselves? Huh? You should be ashamed of yourselves." You crossed your arms and glared into the boys' souls.

The boys still stood there, staring at you utterly confused.

"Why don't you apologize?" You said, tilting your head over to the red haired boy. The two assholes exchanged looks and then walked over to the boy. They "apologized" and then headed on their way home.

You let out a sigh as you walked over the the red haired boy. He didn't say anything the whole time, in fact you didn't really see his face at all since he was staring at the ground. He looked surprised as you stood in front of him. He finally looked up from the ground, and stared at you. You looked into his eyes.

Damn those are some pretty eyes... You thought to yourself. His eyes were a mixture of yellow and orange, and holy shit were they gorgeous.

Your face suddenly turned red and you instantly turned away.

"Uh..." you were trying to think of something not stupid to say. "I'm sorry those boys were teasing you. That was really cruel of them... and I really just couldn't stand it-"

"You didn't have to," the boy cut you off. "It doesn't really bother me anymore..."

OMG! This poor child! How long of those assholes been making fun of him?

You tired to open your mouth to say something but he cut you off once more.

"But uh... thanks... I guess," he scratched the back of his head and his whole body seemed stiff.

"Oh, uh.... You're welcome!" you smiled, and for the first time today, it wasn't fake.

The boy chuckled and gave you a sly smirk. He started to walk away but you tried to stop him.

"Hey! Where are you going? I don't even know your name," You called out as you caught up with him.

"You're new here, aren't you?" the boy said.

"Um, yeah. Today was my first day," You replied. The boy chuckled.

What was so funny? you thought.

"I'm Karma Akabane," he said, "I'm in class 3-E." Class 3-E...?

Never heard of that before...

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Karma, my name's (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)," you said with a smile.

"(Y/F/N)... that's a pretty name," Karma replied with a smirk. Your face turned a little red. Those boys called him Tomato Head, but he seemed more like a sadistic tomato to you.

You ended up walking home together, turns out that your houses were on neighboring streets.

Karma was fun to talk to, he had a dark sense of humor and you liked it.

As you headed down the street to your house, you waved and smiled at Karma. He just simply lifted his hand as if saying see-ya.

Today ended up being a good day- no, more like a great day. You had accomplished your goal of making at least one friend.

You've done good (Y/F/N), you've done good. You smiled as you happily skipped home, whistling a tune.