Chapter Three

This chapter switches back to the reader's (AKA you) perspective

+ + +

At the end of the day you sat down on a bench in front of the school gates, waiting for Karma. When he came, you noticed that he was surrounded by the kids that were in his class. They were nudging him and smirking. You had no idea what they were talking about but it probably wasn't important.

Karma then left his friends and walked over to you.

"Ready to go?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yup! I'm ready!" you smiled.

From that point on, you and Karma would walk to and from school every day. The kids at your school started to hate and tease you more and more, but you didn't care.

Eventually, Karma introduced you to the kids in his class, well it was more like they introduced themselves to you. All of them were really nice, and funny. You really enjoyed their company.

As time passed, you learned why everyone hates class 3-E. It's bullshit. Everyone's an asshole at your school and it bugs the shit out of you, but you would never mention it to Karma. You didn't want to worry him with your troubles.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Karma asked. He was waiting for you in front of the school, his bag slung over his shoulder as usual. He was by himself today, just you and him and no one else from 3-E.

You loved it when it was just you two. As much as you adored the other 3-E students, you and Karma had a special bond.

"Sorry, I was trying to finish up my math test," you said. Karma let out a sigh, but then gave you a smile. His smile made your face turn a little red. Most of the time he just gives you this sexy smirk, but lately he's been giving you more and more genuine smiles. And oh boy did you love them.

It was in the middle of December, and as soon as you were off of school property, you realized you had forgotten your coat in class. You rubbed your arms as you tried to keep warm. You could see your icy breath in the freezing air.

"Are you cold? Where's your coat?" Karma asked in concern.

"Oh, I left my coat in class," You replied. "It's not a big deal."

"You're going to catch a cold if you don't cover up somehow," Karma said.

"No, I'm fine-" a sneeze cut your sentence off, and Karma chuckled. Before you knew it, he took his coat off and wrapped it around your shoulders.

"Better?" he asked with a smirk. You blushed from embarrassment and nodded. His coat smelled like him and was extremely warm, it was almost like standing next to a heater.

"What about you? You'll get a cold," You said to Karma. "I wouldn't want you to get sick, who would I go to and from school with?" Karma just gave you a warm smile.

"Don't worry, I won't get sick, I promise," Karma replied.

"You better not..." you pouted, crossing your arms.

You two finally made it to your street. You took off Karma's coat and handed it back to him.

"Uh... thanks," You said awkwardly. Karma smiled at you, and your heart skipped a beat. It always does when he looks at you like that.

"Anytime cutie, now don't catch a cold," Karma replied as he gently patted your head. "I'll see you tomorrow." He turned away and headed on his way home.

You put your head in your hands. Your face was hotter than it should ever be, and your heart was practically beating out of your chest.

Why do you have to be so sweet Karma!? Your thoughts raced as your mind was filled with only thoughts of Karma. His smiles, his smirks, his jokes, his laugh, his sent. Everything about him filled your brain. Ugh! What do I do? I'm just falling for him more and more... If I told him, would he accept my feelings? No, probably not... we're friends... just friends.