Chapter 4

"We're what?" I asked, staring at Alicia in disbelief. "You're sisters." Alicia said. Sarah was my sister? At the moment Sarah was downstairs in her lab, dealing with the dead thing that had injected me with that silver crap, Had she known about this all along? Excusing herself to do more "research", while Alicia told us this Earth shattering news? "How? She's two years older than me. Where did we come from?" I asked. "Sarah came to me a few years before you did. But Mistwolf, you can't freak out when I tell you this." Alicia said. "Tell me what? What more shocking news could you have?" I snapped. "Monique is your mother." I froze. What? That power crazed evil witch was my mother? "How did I get here?" I asked, feeling my anger boil. "When Sarah came to me, she said that Monique and her sister were creating dark magic. Two years later, you came to the mansions doorstep, talking about how Monique had banished you. You were very angry and aggressive. I had to wipe out your memory and give you fake ones. I also had to change Tiger and Raven's memories so everything would line up. After I changed your memories, you became the sweet, kind girl you are now." Alicia said. "And my stone?" I asked. "You already had it. It was like it was before, on a necklace, but the stone was black. I have no idea how it changed." Alicia said. I quickly stood up and began to walk to the double doors. "Mistwolf!" Alicia called after me. I didn't listen. I was too mad. How could she do this? How could she lie to all of us for so long? I trusted her! "Mist!" Gwen followed me as I pushed open the double doors. "Mist, wait!" she said. "I can't believe this!" I yelled as we came into the foyer. "How could she do this?" I fell to my knees, crying. "Mistwolf, you need to go back, let her explain." Gwen said. My burst of sadness was burned away by my anger. "No!" I yelled. I ran up the stairs, down the hall, went into my room and slammed the door. I pressed my back against the door, and sat down. I grabbed my head with both hands, gasping, tears of anger dripped off my face. Then, I felt the things on my back. I could feel them bulging out of my back! I got up and ran into my bathroom, and tore my shirt off, then backed up to a mirror. "Oh, God..." I muttered. The things had grown some more, right out of my back. They were black and kind of leathery. "Wings...?" I gasped.

                                             ~*~

Gwen went back into the library. "I don't think she's coming back." she said. "I'll go talk to her." Thrax said, getting up. "You? Why you? You don't know anything about this!" Tiger said. "Maybe, but I'm the only one out of a few people that she's not gonna feel really weird to be around at the moment." Thrax said. He left the library, quickly climbed the stairs, and found my room. He knocked a few times. 

                                                        ~*~

I heard someone knocking at my bedroom door. I gasped. "Baby? You in there?" I heard Thrax say through the door. 'Shit, I forgot to lock it!' I thought. "Don't come in!" I yelled. I couldn't let him see me like this. "Bullshit." I heard him mutter. He opened the door to my bedroom. I jumped up and quickly tried to close the bathroom door, but before I could lock it, Thrax managed to push it open. I fell back from the force. Thrax looked a little shocked when he saw me. "Baby, are you alright?" he asked. "I'm fine!" i covered myself. "Get out!" I said. "No." Thrax said. "I SAID GET OUT!" I yelled. "And I said no!" Thrax yelled back at me. He knelt down next to me. I looked away from him. "You heard what she said. She'd lied to us!" I said. I felt my eyes burning with tears. "Baby, I don't know much about what this is really all about, but you really need to go back and...what's this...?" Thrax looked at my back, and touched one of the wing things coming out of it. I felt the wing move. "Baby, what is this?" Thrax asked. "I don't know..." I said. I put my head in my hands. "What's happening to me...?" I whimpered. I could feel the wings moving. "Ow..." I moaned. I stood up and looked back in the mirror. I was bleeding! The wings were trying to come out of my back!