Chapter 5

Pain shot through every inch of my body. I fell to my knees and screamed. "Whoa, baby." Thrax knelt by me. "It hurts! It hurts!" I screamed. The pain was so bad, I though I was going to blackout. "I...have to get to Sarah..." I groaned. I tried to get up, but fell back down. "C'mon." Thrax said. "I-I can't.." I gasped. Suddenly, Thrax picked me up, bridle style, and ran out of my room, down the hall, down the stairs, and into the foyer. "We need help out here!" I heard him yell. I could feel myself blacking out.

                                So much blood....and the pain...

                                                 ~*~

Sarah was looking over the test results she'd gotten back on this...thing, when she heard the door open and Alicia came in, along with Devilgirl, Raven, Tiger, Wolf, Falcon, and Thrax, who was carrying my bleeding self. "Sarah! We need your help!" Alicia said. "What happened?" Sarah got up and took them to her operating room. "I don't know, these wings just started growing out of her back." Thrax explained. "Wings?" Sarah asked, looking down at me. "Get her in here, quick!"

                                                 ~*~

I felt so cold when I woke up, despite the fact that I must have been under dozens of blankets. "Wha...?" I mumbled. "She's awake!" Wolf said. Wolf, Falcon, Thrax, Tiger, Raven, and Devilgirl were all packed into the small recovery room. "Hi!" Mousey came up in front of my face. "What happened?" I asked. "Look in the mirror." Falcon said. I got up on weak legs, and walked over to a large mirror. I gasped. There were wings on my back! "How...?" I asked softly. "Sarah cut them out. We didn't have any other choice. If we'd taken the wings off you'd have bled to death." Raven said. "You can't move them or use them much till you've healed though." Tiger said. "Where did these come from?" I asked. "We don't know. But we think it's because of that serum you got injected with." Devilgirl said. "Oh, God. What else is gonna happen to me?" I groaned.

        I turned around as the door opened and I saw Alicia and Sarah. "We need to speak to Mist in private." Alicia said. After everyone left, I sat down on the bed and crossed my arms and legs, and watched as the two sat down in the two chairs in the room. Sarah lit up a little board, and put my x-rays on it. "As you can see, these wings are fused into you, and you have two major arteries in each wing." Sarah said, pointing to the bones and veins. "Until you're healed, you shouldn't do much. Once you are, we can start on flying lessons." Alicia said. I didn't say anything. I just glared at them. "Did you know about this?" I asked Sarah. "How could I know that you were suddenly going to grow wings, Mistwolf?" Sarah asked. "You know that's not what I meant. Did you know that we are sisters?" I asked. Sarah sighed. "Yes, I did." I stared at her for a moment. "But Mist, I-" Before Sarah could finish her sentence, I got up and slapped her across the face. She gasped and put her hand over the red spot. "Get out!" I yelled at her. Sarah quickly grabbed the x-rays and left. "Mistwolf that was completely uncalled for!" Alicia scolded me. "No, you know what's uncalled for? You telling me that my whole life was fake! That my whole life was a lie!" I yelled. There was a short silence. "How long have I been here, really?" I asked. "About a year and a half." Alicia said, looking at the floor. "Get out." I said. "Mist-" "Get out! I don't want to talk to you!" I yelled, gripping the railing on the foot of the bed. Alicia gasped, looking at where my hand was. I looked down, confused, then I gasped. A patch of the railing had turned black. Not exactly like when Edith would turn things black with the touch of a finger though. I stared at the spot with wide eyes. "Mist...how did you do that?" Alicia asked. "I...I don't know..." I said timidly. Alicia quickly left. I removed my hand and the spot slowly went away. 

        I sat down on the bed, my large dragon like wings twitching a little. "What's happening to me?" I sobbed. I flopped down on the bed. I must have fallen asleep for a while, because the next thing I knew, I was waking up to a mouse face, yet again. "You're awake again!" Mousey said, jumping onto the nightstand. This time it was only Wolf and Falcon in the room. "Hey guys." I mumbled. "I heard you slapped Sarah." Falcon said. "Yeah..." I said, rubbing my eyes. "She deserved it." Wolf said. I gave a weak laugh. "I can't believe this is happening." I said burying my face in my hands. "Neither can I." Wolf said. "You guys know that I'll always consider you as my brother and sister, right?" I asked. "Right." they both said, then they hugged me.

                                                     ~*~

It was about an hour later when Alicia knocked on my door. I didn't answer, but she came in anyway. "Uh...Mist. I know this isn't really the best time, but I need Sarah to take some more blood samples." she said. "Why?" I asked. "That thing you did, I've never seen anybody, or at least anybody alive, able to do that. Not even my sister." Alicia said. "Alright." I said. Sarah came in. She still looked pissed. Oh, well. I flinched and looked away as she stuck me with the big needle. Then, Sarah gasped. I looked at the small vile to see a small streak of silver in my blood. It quickly swirled into it. Sarah took the needle out, bandaged my arm, and quickly left. 

        "Mistwolf...I'm sorry." Alicia said. "It's alright. I understand." I said. "What's gonna happen now?" I asked. "I don't know." Alicia said. "I do know that you need to get some rest." she said. She gave me a kiss on my forehead and left.

        Great, so my life has gone from, wonderful, and in a way, normal, to finding out that my whole life was a lie, my mother is a evil witch, my siblings are really my cousins, and my powers are of Darkness. Wonderful. Just wonderful.