work stuff

your eyes snapped open at the violent buzzing of your phone. cursing quietly, you grabbed your phone and answered quickly, without checking the caller id.

"where are you?" a deep voice came through your speakers, sending an involuntary shiver down your spine. "sorry?" you heard a sigh from the other line. "its half nine. i know i postponed but ghosting me seems a bit excessive." you gasped, quickly checking your watch. he was right. "shit! i'm so sorry yoongi, i fell asleep, shit i'm so so sorry!" you babbled, your apologies tumbling over each other.

yoongi chuckled over the phone, his voice sounding a lot calmer now. "it's fine. are you still up for our date?" you smiled slightly to yourself. "of course."
"good, because i'm outside."
"wait, what?" you hung up the phone, opening your curtains to peer out of the window and sure enough, there was yoongi, leaning against a silver car, his eyes scanning the windows, looking for you, you assumed.

his eyes met yours and he smirked at you slightly. he gave you a small wave, beckoning you down to him. his outfit was simplistic yet cute, complimenting yours quite nicely- a black tshirt and trousers with a black blazer. almost uncontrollable, you found yourself practically running down the stairs, quickly composing yourself before you left.

you walked out with a calm demeanour, despite your sprint down the stairs, giving yoongi a shy smile as you did so. it was impossible to not check him out- it was honestly unfair how attractive he was. it was impossible to find a flaw, even if you tried for an hour- which you would do quite happily.

his smirk grew, and he cocked an eyebrow at you, causing you to blush quite considerably. "like what you see?" he asked, surprisingly bold. cheeks going even redder, you elected not to respond. yoongi chuckled, opening the door for you.

"care for a drive, m'lady?" he asked, giving you a regal bow. giving a polite curtsey in response, you replied, "why yes i would, i thank you good sir." yoongi gave you a smile before he closed the door and walked round to the drivers side.

"where are we going?" you asked, breaking the not so uncomfortable silence. "you'll see." seemingly content with his vague answer, you rode the rest of the way in a comfortable silence, as you gazed out of the window (or sometimes at yoongi, leading to him smirking and you looking away sharply) until you arrived.

"we're here," yoongi said, giving your shoulder a light shake. "and where exactly is here?" you queried. he smirked slightly, shaking his head, getting out of the car and opening your door. the smell of the crisp night air greeted you as you stepped out. a cold breeze caused you to shiver a little, but the cold was quickly forgotten at the view.

an audible gasp escaped your lips at the view, and you turned around to see yoongi with a picnic basket and a blanket

an audible gasp escaped your lips at the view, and you turned around to see yoongi with a picnic basket and a blanket. you practically melted, this was quite possibly the cutest first date ever. despite the cold, the two of you were bound to have an amazing time.

in the basket, there was wine, cheese, grapes, bread and ham. everything was incredible. "you know, if gucci made food, it'd be made to this standard." yoongi chuckled, finishing a moutful of bread. "yeah, but it'd be made by underpaid and abused children in africa or some shit," he said with another chuckle. you snorted at his comment, covering your face in embarrassment.

yoongi smiled cutely at you, handing you a glass of wine. you took it gladly, taking a sip and letting the refreshing yet harsh taste slip over your tongue. "do you ever think about how small we are, in the grand scheme of things?" yoongi asked, lying back on the blanket, his arms behind his head, deep brown eyes staring up at the night sky.

you laughed softly, lying down next to him, your eyes watching the sky too. "i don't usually start my existential crisis' until one, but i'll make an exception for you." you said with a smile, tilting your head to look at him. he chuckled, turning to give you a smile. the two of you held eye contact for a little longer than was normal, and then broke it abruptly with a pinkish tint on your cheeks.

"sometimes i think in the grand scheme of things, if everything is insignificant and miniscule compared to the size universe, you should take all the opportunities you can get and make the most of our fleeting existence. but then other times, i think that if everything is as insignificant and miniscule compared to the huge universe, then what's the point, ya know?" you blinked slightly, shocked by his philosophical talk.

"i know what you mean. it depends what kind of mood i'm in what kind of outlook i have on..."
"existing?"
this caused you to smile a little as he finished your sentence. the two of you were connecting really well, and it made your heart swell. "yeah." you gulped, nervous as you took his hand, interlocking your fingers with his as you stared at the sky.

since you were too occupied staring at the sky, you failed to notice yoongi glance at your hands and smile before he turned his eyes to the stars above you. the two of you gazed up at the deep hues of the darkness, calm as could be. however, the moment was interrupted by the harsh ring of a cell phone. yoongi gave you an apologetic smile, letting go of your hand and walking away to take the call.

you only heard snippets of the conversation, but it was a little worrying. "now? like, immediately??" he asked, exasperated. "can it not wait until tomorrow?" with increasing concern, you watched as his face scrunched up in frustration, and he gave a loud sigh. "yeah, i know. yeah. yeah. fine, no problem. i'll be there by 12." he hung up, shoving his phone in his pocket aggressively.

"everything okay?" you asked, even though you were aware that it clearly wasn't. yoongi nodded. "yeah, just work stuff. is it okay if we cut this a bit short?" he asked, looking at you apologetically. you pouted slightly at his term from earlier- work stuff. but you chose not to push it, nodding. "yeah, that's fine! you'll just have to take me out again to make up the time." you said with a small smile.

yoongi smiled back. "no objection here." the ride back was silent, this time a little more tense than before. yoongi was clearly on edge. arriving at your house, yoongi made no move to open your door, which shocked you a little. you shook your head, turning and giving him a smile. "i'll text you?" you asked, cocking your head to the side a little. "please do." yoongi replied with a soft chuckle. you nodded, giving him a peck on the cheek. "see you soon, min yoongi." you said, exiting the car.

you waved him off as he drove away, and entered your apartment, exhausted and confused.