the last espresso

after saying a few words to the boys, jin left, leaving you alone with the other six. you remained in the chair, silently thinking as the boys chatted animatedly between each other, leaving you to contemplate silently. you had brought your knees back up to your chest, shrinking into the hoodie namjoon had lent you, the hood hanging over your eyes.

"hey!" a voice shouted in your ear, causing you to jump in surprise. the pink haired boy was squatting in front of you, waving his hand in your face. you swatted it away with an irritated glare, causing him to roll his eyes at you. "gee, you sure space out a lot!" he commented.

you sighed, already exhausted by the conversation. "yeah, well, when you find yourself involved in a gang just cause you thought a guy was cute, then you can talk to me about spacing out." you quipped. he laughed loudly, and you had to resist the urge to cover your ears. he was loud and you'd had quite an eventful few hours.

"you thought yoongi-hyung was cute?!" he said with another loud laugh. you rolled your eyes, unable to stop the flush reaching your cheeks. "hmm?" yoongi glanced over at the mention of his name, and jimin flashed a wild grin. "guess what!" he said, jumping up to go see yoongi. you cursed quietly. you needed to work out what the hell you were going to do about your situation.

yoongi shoved jimin away with a roll of his eyes, the unaffected jimin bouncing off to go bother jungkook or taehyung you assumed. yoongi meanwhile, was heading toward you, and you felt that twinge again. "hey." he murmured, sitting down cross legged in front of you. "you okay?" you raised an eyebrow and he chuckled dryly. "yeah, stupid question, i know." but um, i was wondering if you'd wanna go get some coffee? i won't be offended if you say no and i also want to mention that we aren't keeping you here, you're free to leave- we aren't keeping you here."

you smiled slightly at him. every molecule of your body was practically screaming at you to get out, but something about these boys seemed so innocent... even jin's words seemed empty- if they were going to kill you, it'd probably have been done by now. it really seemed as though they actually were like robin hood and his merry men.

"so?" yoongi queried, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. you pouted slightly, almost reluctant to give the answer that you knew was unavoidable. "yeah. coffee sounds good." yoongi grinned widely, flashing his gums as he did so. you cursed silently at his unbelievable beauty, but decided to stay silent about it.

"guys, we're goin' to get coffee. bye." he said, practically dragging you out of the door before the boys could say anything. "um... yoongi? i'm kind of like... still in my pyjamas... well- namjoon's pyjamas." his mouth formed an 'o'shape, his cheeks flushing slightly.

"sorry. we can stop off at yours first?" you gave him a small smile, following him into the car. you felt strangely comfortable, despite the news you'd received recently. during the car drive, you sat in almost silence, apart from the dull hum of the car. "are you really okay with this? with me?" yoongi asked, the words tumbling out of his mouth quickly.

you paused, formulating your response as you drove along the streets. "yeah, i think i am. i think you guys genuinely are just doing this because you have to, to support yourselves." you paused before you continued, "and i feel as though jin's words were a bit empty, if i'm honest." yoongi chuckled, relief evident.

"yeah, we don't kill people. we have trained, just in case we need to defend ourselves, like last night, but we don't want to get into shit like that. we're just doing this because we need a step up in the world, because that's how today's society works, unfortunately." you nodded.

"and, gang member or no, your still super cute." you said with a small smile, which only grew when you saw yoongi's flushed cheeks. "thanks. hey- we're here. i'll wait out here while you get changed, yeah?" he asked with a small smile. you smiled back, dashing into your apartment quickly.

no more than five or so minutes later, you'd cleaned up and put on a new set of clothes. feeling much cleaner- and generally better overall- you locked your apartment behind you and headed down to meet yoongi, who was waiting patiently in the car.

 feeling much cleaner- and generally better overall- you locked your apartment behind you and headed down to meet yoongi, who was waiting patiently in the car

he smiled at you, leaning over and opening the door for you. "cute get-up." he commented, causing yet another flush to spread across your cheeks. "thanks." you replied, tucking your hair behind your ears. "now, coffee?" he inquired, even though he was already driving. you chuckled, nodding in agreement. you drove the rest of the way in a strangely comfortable silence.

when you arrived, yoongi dashed out to open your door for you, causing you to blush lightly at his chivalry. "thank you good sir." he flashed another gummy smile. "any time, m'lady." he said with a bow.

he took your hand as he led you into the coffee house, and you couldn't help but realise how well your hand fit in his. at the counter, yoongi ordered an espresso for him, and turned to you for your order. after he paid for your favourite coffee, the two of you found a pleasant alcove in the back of the room to finish your drinks.

as you drank and laughed, you quickly realised something. regardless of his profession, regardless of his baggage, it was an inescapable fact. you were in love with min yoongi.

"what?" he asked, his brows raised, mouth forming an 'o' again. "what do you mean what?" you asked, confused. "you just... you just said you loved me?" you choked on your coffee, suddenly realising that you had just said your thoughts out loud.

"um... just kidding?" you tried, causing yoongi to make a face. "well um, i know we haven't known each other long but... you're so accepting, and sweet and beautiful and... i think i love you too."