an espresso turned to a glass of champagne

you sipped your coffee contentedly, your eyes lazily tracing around your kitchen. you estimated it was around three in the morning, and you'd been awake since around six that morning. you allowed yourself a small smile as you revelled in the smell of fresh paint mixing with your (ridiculously expensive) coffee.

"you're still up?" a groggy voice asked from the doorway, giving you a slight shock. you chuckled quietly and got out of your seat, making your way over to your boyfriend of six years, min yoongi, and giving him a hug. "i could ask you the same thing mister." you spoke into his chest as he held you gently in the doorway of your new kitchen. "i thought you were 'getting an early night?'" you asked teasingly, giving him a peck on his nose as you moved to get your coffee off the table.

"you said you'd 'come to bed in a minute'" he replied with the same teasing tone and a slight smirk on the side of his face. "i figured i'd start writing some stuff while i waited, and all of a sudden, it was 3am. care to explain?" he asked, cocking his head to the side and leaning against the door frame. "though, to be fair, i think the overwhelming scent of fresh paint explains everything for you." he said with a soft laugh as he sat next to you on the table, his calloused yet weirdly soft hand stroking your thigh soothingly.

"i wanted to get it done today, you know what i'm like, i couldn't have slept if it wasn't done." you said, interrupted midway through your sentence by a large yawn. yoongi chuckled at you, flashing you a cute smile. "just come to bed baby, it's all done now and if anything else needs doing i'll wake up early and help you out, okay? you can't be staying up till three and waking up at six any longer, it's not good for you." he stated, pouting at you.

you feigned shock, gasping and placing a hand on your chest. "the min yoongi is willing to wake up early and do work for me?"  yoongi chuckled and stood up, pulling you up with him and kissing you on the forehead before pulling you in for another hug. "you know i'd do anything for you baby, even wake up early and..." he gave a dramatic shudder. "work."

softly chuckling to each other, you allowed yoongi to lead you to the bedroom- which, although surrounded by boxes and miscellaneous crap in bubble wrap, was home to an immensely comfortable king size bed. you snuggled up to yoongi and fell asleep near instantaneously. in your sleep, yoongi gave you a soft peck on the forehead before he slipped out of your grasp and left the room.

the next morning, you awoke late- ridiculously late. it was around one in the afternoon. scrambling to get out of bed, you rushed into the kitchen to find yoongi stood in your apron, stabbing at bacon aggressively with a spatula and cursing about grease in his eye.

you smiled softly, taking note that the kitchen was in full working order- which it was nowhere near yesterday- and your boyfriend was making you breakfast in it. an overwhelming wave of happiness came over you, and you involuntarily let out a choked sob, causing yoongi to spin round and stride across the kitchen to hug you instantly, completely disregarding the sizzling bacon.

"what's wrong baby? did something happen?" he asked, concern lacing his voice as he petted your hair soothingly. "i'm sorry, it's so stupid," you mumbled into his chest. "i just love you so much, and we're moving into a house together and i'm just so fucking happy," you confessed, sniffling unattractively throughout the whole sentence. 

yoongi's grip on you tightened, and you could feel him smile as he pressed a kiss onto the top of your head. "i love you baby, and there's no one else i'd rather go through the stress of moving with." you smiled at him, lifting your head from his chest to look at him with eyes full of what was ever so clearly love.

yoongi kissed you softly on the lips and instructed you to sit down and wait while he sorted breakfast. "oh, and also, i've got a surprise for you later on." he said, throwing a wink at you over his shoulder as he plated up breakfast. "ooooo! what is it?" you asked, cocking your head to the side as he delivered your breakfast (and coffee, of course) and sat down next to you with his.