Sheen

Larry

Larry

The walk home albeit quiet, was not without some forms of treachery. My backpack now a few pounds heavier as I stalked across the green. The faded blue Jansport now loaded with a new type of ammunition for the war to conquer Laurent. It felt dangerous, and the stares I got seemed far more pointed than usual. They didn't have a clue what kind of mischief laid under these unassuming blue jeans. But then again, neither did I, not the full extent of it.
How far would I step out of my comfort zone to in an effort to win him over?

I waited until most of the herds of students had dispersed to flip my bag around and against my chest. Unzipping it quickly to retrieve the bag of goodies bestowed upon me by the infamous Jinx. Never in wildest dreams had I thought I'd end up spending almost two hours cozied up in her den-like room. Waiting with bated breath for cards I didn't even know the symbolism behind. Each one making her eyes trigger and flash, like the message was infinitely clearer than the riddles I spoke in. Maybe it would've been a better idea to call Dave to mull over these new complexities in my love life. We hadn't spoken in over a week, he worked at night and I had class during the day. But even my closest friend couldn't have given me the knowledge Jinx had, and unlike her, Dave wouldn't have settled for the air of mystery.

My fingers hastily reached for the plastic bag, working to untie the knot while my lip crawled farther under my teeth. I tore the plastic open when I noticed I only had a few yards before I'd be at the entrance to our building. And when I caught a look at the foreign objects, five out of six unrecognizable, my breathing halted. Novice level my ass, the handcuffs didn't even have fur to hide their intimidating sheen.

I darted my gaze, hopping from one item to the next as I silently cursed Jinx. The beads of sweat on my neck grew larger as the seconds passed. There was silk rope, long enough to hang myself with if I decided embarrassment was a worthy enough cause to die for. Beside it lay a silver egg of doom and clamps that looked like the tiniest pair of jumper cables I'd ever seen. If my twin needed another reason to hate me, I was confident those would surely do it. If they were indeed what I imagined they were for. At the bottom I found several rubber bands, which looked unsightly enough for me to use as a makeshift hair tie while my body betrayed me with more unnecessary heat. Honestly, I couldn't even begin to tell you what the leather strap with a ball in the center of it is, some other method of torture I presume. And the piece de la resistance was cat of nine tails, cough, I mean whip that now lay at my feet. Having fallen out of my bag in the haste, now begging me to repent for that very first time I'd spanked Laurent. The single act that had led me to reconsider if pain and pleasure were really that far apart.

Taking one final glance, I buried it all underneath my stack of binders and textbooks. None the wiser and far more reluctant about what I was getting myself into, I zipped up my backpack. Sighing as it came to a close just in time for my hand to reach the door into our dormitory. Remorse filled my gut when I thought about the hype text I'd sent Laurent. Another shitty idea.