Epilogue

The school bell rang. Jane was weaving down the hall. She was late to her club meeting.

"Hey Jane!" Naomi, who was one of her classmates called out to her. "Are you free this Friday for a math tutoring session?"

"Yes! I'll be there at three!"

"Hey Jane! Lucy is waiting for you at Room B!" Chris said as she ran passed him.

"Okay, thanks!"

Jane had turned the corner and then she opened her locker and checked herself in the mirror one more time.

At the meeting room, Lucy was sitting the table with a book on her lap, reading a passage from a book.

When she saw Jane, her whole face brightened like a blooming flower in spring. Her once wild hair was now smooth wavy locks. Her blue eyes stood out even more when she smiled. Lucy was becoming more beautiful to Jane's eyes as the years passed.

Jane grinned back and went to give Lucy a kiss on the lips.

"You're late again," Lucy said.

"A president is never late," Jane said. "You're just early."

Indeed, Loser Club was no more. The former president had changed it to Helper Club instead, and Jane was its new president. For the last two years with Emily and Lucy, they had been helping students with math, English and science. The club was also a book club—the first official one that was supported by their school.

Lucy giggled.

"Where is Emily?"

"She's coming with Heather soon."

Emily had been obsessed with Heather for more than two weeks now, but Jane tried not to jump into conclusion. Emily might be on to another woman crush by next week, who knows?

Jane brushed a strand of hair from Lucy's face, which never failed to make Lucy blushed. They smiled at each other again.

"Sorry we're late!" Emily burst out into the room. Heather had a load of books in her arms.

"What do you have with you?" Jane asked. "And please don't tell me it's one of the lesbian pulp fictions again."

"But Odd Girl Out was so good!" Emily protested. Lately, the former president of Loser Club had been digging into the genre a bit too deep.

"We've got some classics too, though," Heather said.

"Let me see," Jane said. "After all, I have to approve of the book choice for the next discussion."

"Alright, Miss. President," Emily laughed.

"How about Anne of Green Gables?" Jane said, picking up a book and turned to Lucy with a smile.

"Oh, yes! I love Anne!" Lucy breathed. "I've read it twice! But of course, we can go with it again."

That was what Jane loved the most about Lucy. She always had a sense of wonder and never ran out of love. Jane was happy to call Lucy hers, that because of her, she could now help people who felt lost like she used to be.

And at last, the world had become an oyster for Jane Waleski, too.

~The End~