Chapter ~ 6

Fatigued

Fatigued. That's the specific feeling you experience when you find yourself clicking intensely on the keys of your laptop. you've been at it for hours, encrypted files flying around the room as they send themselves off to their recipients, who you shouldn't even know exist.

These files include all the dirt you have on your agency which you've sent off to wherever or whoever your roommate and the others work for. It wasn't easy hacking into Taehyung's computer but nothing's ever completely impossible when you're a trained hacker.

They're the real good guys, which is why you need to prove your innocence to them before they decide to turn you in, you're hoping that by you pretending not to know who they are, you have enough time for the files to be decrypted by their agency.

You close your laptop, satisfied with the clap noise it makes afterwards as you lean into the warmth of your pillow aiming to fall asleep again, since that's what you live for, but a knock says otherwise.

"Come in" your groan lifelessly as a head pops in "I'm sorry about earlier, I realise we haven't even had an actual conversation yet" your roommate grins as you agree with a nod.

"So I was thinking, maybe I can show you around, get you settled in" he looks down at his watch, checking the time "I have exactly an hour until practice, let's go" he says enthusiastically as you flop out of bed.

Keeping you close to him Taehyung leads you outside and around the campus site until you've visited almost everything and you halt in front of a building before stepping inside.

"This is the field" he remarks whilst pointing at the grassy area surrounded by seats, probably for those who come around to watch. "Why have they already started though?" You question whilst spotting the other two familiar boys.

Jimin sends you a wave accompanied with a flirtatious wink and all you can do is blink in response whereas Jungkook just nods at Taehyung to which you scowl.

"Well practice doesn't start until later but these two are always at it" he shrugs whilst leading you outside by the shoulders. After a lot of insisting, the tall, slender male manages to convince you to enter the basketball court.

"I thought you guys play football" you raise a brow in confusion "we do, but they don't" he grins whilst pointing at two other males.

You follow his finger and observe as two men with contrasting heights converse, the taller one flaps his long, wobbly arms about, whilst pouting with his swollen lips in attempts to get the other to listen.

He barely breaks a breath scolding as the shorter snow haired male continues to listen and shrug unbothered, "if you didn't have two chopsticks stuck up your ass you might've made that shot" the taller one yells as you watch.

"You haven't got anything up your ass and you still can't make shots" the other retorts as you bite back a snort, they stop their bickering when Taehyung runs up and loops his arms around their necks, almost falling in the process due to the variation of their heights.

"You guys this is y/n" he introduces as they look towards you, the older brunette eyes you intensively before giving you a friendly wave as the other nods tiredly after he's aware of what you look like. The elder's familiar eyes mesmerise you and you almost fail to recall where you've seen him, that's before you realise he was the one you bumped into outside the mall that night.

"I'm Seokjin, this is Yoongi" he smiles as you peer upwards at the red slit on his forehead. Following your line of sight the man named Seokjin reaches up to touch the area before you swat his hand away.

"Don't touch it, it'll get infected" you snap whilst reaching into your bag. The shiny pink barbie plaster glistens under the lights of the court before you unwrap it and stick it on his forehead.

Your roommate coughs a little when he notices but decides to keep quiet. "You must get hurt a lot" the snow haired male comments suspiciously with eyes half closed as you smile and nod.

"Well look at that, it's time for us to get going" Taehyung nods as he walks you outside, not before you hear the shorter male bark out a "you look ridiculous" once he sees Seokjin's face.

The two of you chuckle in amusement whilst stepping out.

                                       •••

"So, we've seen the pool, all the lecture halls, all the classrooms we've even seen the gym and the Starbucks, what haven't we seen yet?" The older male questions as you walk and admire the scenery.

"What about the library?" You question as he gives you a dumb look "the library" he squawks as you nod "what?, do you not know where it is" you muse as he chuckles nervously, palming the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Of course I do" he squeaks before grabbing one of the students, the two of them continue to converse for a while "oh there it is" you grin but he's still talking so you decide to leave him to fulfill your ambition of seeing an actual library for once.

Making your way inside you gaze at the numerous book shelves jam packed with all sorts of genres that spark your interest. Some people would deem you as a nerd but reading books was always your escape from reality.

Scrolling past the shelves you chant the letter 'H' whilst looking for a certain book when a sudden noise makes you alert. Some sort of creaking fills your ears and before you know it you're turning around watching as the heavy contraption tips towards you.

The odd thing is,

you don't know what's stopping you from escaping.