Chapter ~ 15

"We can let her go" Jungkook walks into the room barely meeting your eyes, his bangs casting an eerie shadow of regret as he morbidly stands in the doorway

And that's it, as soon as Jin releases you, you stand up and leave not forgetting to give the raven haired male a cold stare on your way out as you shove him out of the way. No one even bothers to stop you as you lam your way through every door in the replace and leave. You need time to heal and you know people like Jin understand that better than you yourself do, not that you care about anyone's opinions anyway.

You feel bothered and restless, you'd gotten used to being picked on because of your parents, but this is different. All those meaningless things the other kids said about you would never get to you, but this is different.

Only after a short period of time do you realise how many knives paint the wall of the harmless underground base, throwing yet another one to release the sickening tension in your body your hand wavers causing the dagger to slip from your grasp.

You grit your teeth in pain when the sharp edge comes in contact with your skin, red liquid oozing out. "Are you okay?" You hear a voice call before you whip your head around to see. Pulling your hand out of her grasp your eyes ignite with rage, you don't want to say anything to make the situation worse so you turn to leave "y/n" she calls in a whine.

You spin on your heel towards the female, you're so frustrated right now, you don't want her consolation, you don't need it and you wish to make that clear "just because I'm not a threat anymore doesn't mean we can be friends again, I made a mistake and I'm not making the same one again" You snap harshly.

The only reason you're here is to get rid of Cassy's problem. The man she was engaged to, you knew him very well-too well so there's really no reason for you to play nice with anyone anymore.

He's the average playboy every girl would faun over. You've decided to keep him on the side as he'd come into later use for the play you're setting up. Yojin however was definitely not a part of this since you didn't know about her.

"Look y/n, I know I was wrong to do that, but everything I said was true, every time we laughed it was true. All my feelings were real to the point that I-I was going to break you out" she explains, her voice sharper than a hundred knives "if your name never cleared I would've broken you out" she repeats quietly.

You scoff "of course that would've happened, Yojin I may have let my guard down the first time, but don't mistake me for someone who's naive, after all a wolf always stays with her pack, and lone wolves get eaten." You remind her in a low mocking tone before you leave embracing the cold night air as you do so. You just want to be alone clearly that isn't understood, you're more sure of that when a second figure approaches you.

He saunters towards you before starting his speech "look y/n we have to work as a team" Taehyung sighs stuffing his hands into his pockets as the wind ruffles his hair "look Taehyung I don't really need yours or anyone else's help so it's best if you stay away" you seethe.

Taehyung's always been nice to you but at the moment you don't really care about anyone else because you were made to feel so low and pathetic that you're tired of explaining, "come on y/n, you don't really think you can do this without us, especially if you want to get into that" he trails pointing at the silhouette of a nearby building.

You know he's right, you definitely can't get in without their help, there's too many roles to play in this mission, and if you ask any of your team members you're more than likely to get caught.

"Why do you want to help anyways?" You ask "haven't you heard, it's our mission now" he answers as your eyes widen.

•••

You need time to think, time to breathe, everything and everyone is constantly suffocating you, so what do you do? Well, the base is currently occupied by Yojin who's most likely still waiting for you and Taehyung's still probably outside looking for you after you ran away.

So you decide to do something you thought you'd never do again. Everyone has a hobby, something to help them escape the horrors of reality so you decide to lose yourself, guiding your brush filled with misery on the base of something untainted, something you need to wreck with your destructive nature.

What you don't realise is the pair of eyes that watch you drag out every bit of emotion left in you. You're too stuck in the depths of your own grief and anger to realise his presence.

The man who held his orbs on you just a little too long when you first met, he's as cruel as you, even crueler to himself. The spark that he feels when he's with you is undeniable, but what can you see? You're too busy trying to understand your own self.

He's about to approach you, guilt swelling within his chest, bubbling and erupting inside him before he hears the voice of his elder call him "come on, let's go" the male sighs out of frustration as he leaves you alone.

And you stay, painting your sorrows away"