Chapter 4

Keith was silently by himself, in his room. He had his elbow on the window cill, in front of his bed, and was watching outside, as clouds slowly moved across the sky. He turned his head slightly as there was a knock at his door.

"Keith! I need your help with something!"

Keith recognized the voice as Pidge's voice, and called, "Come in, Pidge!"

The door opened, and she walked in, adjusting her glasses, "Hey" she seemed a bit uneasy. Keith noticed this immediately, it being something she normally never does. She normally has these confident boosts of energy.

"Something bothering you?" He asked, turning to face her and giving a silent grunt of pain from his mark, being sure she didn't notice.

"Yeah.. uh.." She said, her hands balled into fists. She closed her eyes, "I want to be called a boy from now on!" She said, her face reddening in embarrassment.

Keith blinked, silent for a few moments, then shrugged, "Sure"

Pidge opened his eyes, looking at him in silence, "What?" She sounded surprised, "Sure?"

Keith nodded, "If that's what you want, go for it. I'll respect it" he grinned.

Pidge seemed to relax dramatically, relief washing over his eyes, "You mean it?" He asked, walking over to him, and gave a happy jump when he nodded, and tackled him in a hug, "Thank you! This is great! I was right to tell you first-"

"You told me first?" Keith asked, hugging him back, then breaking the hug, pain flooding his side, stomach, and neck, though he hid it.

Pidge nodded, "Yeah. I felt that.. I needed to tell you first, before I could tell anyone else" He grinned, "It paid off. Well, I'm off! Thank you!"

Keith nodded to him, happy he was his first choice, he believed it was better to tell me first. Huh..

Pidge sprinted out of the room, giving a happy skip as he reached the exit, and made his way downstairs.

Keith watched the doorway for a few moments, then looking out his window again, Pidge as a guy, huh? I can see that. I'll have to help him get supplies. He grinned. He turned to his window, and stood up, flinching as the Mark began to cause a stabbing pain.

Keith quickly fell off his bed, then grabbed his medicine kit, Lance, i could use your help right about now..! He grunted, opening the medicine and dabbing it on the mark.

Almost a minute later, Lance bursted into the room, "I heard something fall. Are you-"

He paused, seeing Keith with the medicine, "Your mark, huh?" He asked, speed-walking over and beginning to take over what Keith was doing.

Keith shuddered, putting his hand on Lance's shoulder as he dabbed the medicine on, and took wrap, beginning to wrap it around his side, and up around his shoulder, "It looks even worse than last time, man.." Lance sighed, as he worked.

Keith gave a nod, "I know" he said, a bit fast, then looked at the ceiling, "Shit. How do I get rid of it..?"

"I'm not sure" Lance said, after a few moments of thought. He finished wrapping him up and took off his Jacket, "Here. Wear this. A shirt will be too tight and make the wrap uncomfortable. And your jacket is too small"

Keith took it, hesitant, and put it on, sighing in relief as the pain began to ebb away from his mark.

He subconsciously leaned forwards into Lance, fully relaxed for once, "It hasn't felt this good in a while. It's kept me up for so long sense..." he cut off, a blush appearing on his face, and he moved away, standing and sitting on his bed.

Lance stayed on the ground, watching with with a sympathetic grin, "Well.. try and sleep then, I guess.. Shiro and Hunk are worried about you. They haven't seen you in a bit. Come downstairs soon, okay?" He asked, standing up and making his way towards the door, "See ya later"

Keith gave a small grin, "Bye, Lance"