Chapter 6

Keith and Lance both looked at each other as Lance picked up the phone, speaking, "Hello?"

Keith watched, eager to hear the conversation, as it went on

"Oh. Hey Shiro. Yeah, things are fine"

Keith stood, turning to the window. As he did so, the mark on his side sent a stabbing pain throughout his body. He fell to his hands and knees with a grunt.

Lance looked at Keith quickly, "U-Uh, hey, I'll call you back later Shiro. I left something in the oven, it's burning" He said quickly, and he set the phone down. He stood quickly and grabbed the kit from under Keith's bed, "When do you think the mark will go away?"

"That's not something-" he paused, sitting back on his knees, in pain, "Something to be worrying about.."

"It is something to be worrying about, Keith" Lance said as he opened the kit, taking out the medicine. He looked at keith, "Take your shirt off"

Keith mumbled something under his breath, and lifted the black t-shirt he wore, over his head, pausing every few moments in pain.

Lance gave a slight gasp, "Keith, it looks even worse than before. I don't think the medicine you have is working. We have to ask someone else for help-"

"No!" Keith turned to him, and looked at his mark. It had spread all across his side, and stomach, up to his chest, and over his back. A look of shock flashed in his violet eyes as he wrapped his arms over himself to cover up the Mark best he could, "We can't tell anyone, Lance."

"You are hurting. We have to tell someone, or you could get seriously hurt. Keith, Let me help you" Lance said, looking Keith in the eyes, "Come on, Mullet" he gave a small grin.

Keith's eyes narrowed, but tears brushed the sides of his eyes. He looked away, clutching himself even more, "I'm not telling anyone else, Lance"

Lance looked at him for a few moments before giving a sigh, "Okay, we don't have to tell anyone" he said softly, "But we have to do something.." he looked at the medicine, "What do you think we should do? The medicine isn't working. At this rate.. you could easily die. We don't even know what this is. We have to go out and get new medicine. Tomorrow, okay?" He asked.

Keith kept his gaze away, silently wishing it didn't have to be that way, but it was the better option. He gave a nod, "Fine. Tomorrow, we will go and look for medicine"

Lance sighed in relief, and reached out a hand, wiping some tears away from Keith's right eye, "Alright, stop crying would ya buddy? We gotta get along for Shiro's sake" he gave a goofy grin, and wrapped his arms around Keith, picking him up.

Keith, still in pain, made no effort to move, although his face was brightening into a red color, and he felt the feeling he had felt earlier. The feeling he had felt that was.. nice.

Lance set him on his bed, "Do you have anything in this kit that's close to a pain killer?" He asked, picking up the kit and rummaging through it.

Keith nodded, "yeah, in the small pocket" he grunted, his arms still wrapped around himself.

Lance reached into a small pocket in the kit, and took out a small package of medicine. He opened it and took some out, "These are chewable. You should be fine without water" he handed them to Keith.

Keith nodded, "Okay, thanks" he mumbled, taking the medicine and eating it, sticking his tongue out at the taste, "Ew, it's disgusting."

Lance let out a hurt gasp, "Its blueberry flavored! It's the best flavor!"

Keith looked at him, "Honestly, Lance, I've never even heard of Blueberry flavored medicine, it's disgusting" he stuck out his tongue again, this time aiming it as an insult towards Lance, who gave him a sight glare.

"Whatever Mullet. It's only for tonight. We will get better medicine tomorrow" He replied, sitting down on the edge of the bed, "You'll be feeling a bit better soon" he set his hands in his lap, looking at Keith's door, which had stars glued to it. Looking closer, he realized all the stars had the names of the members in the house. He stood up and walked over, looking at each of the names. He grinned once he found his name, "Hey, my name is in a blue star. How'd you know I like blue?"

Keith watched Lance, his eyes sparkled, "Lance, your whole room is blue." He gave an amused grin, which earned an "irritated" reply from Lance, "Hey, don't judge a book by its cover!"

Keith looked away from lance, looking at the ceiling of his room. He gave a soft smile, there's that feeling again. Why do I keep getting it? What does it mean?

Lance looked over at Keith, tilting his head a bit. His brown eyes examined the Raven-haired boy's face, for any signs of pain. He felt his face redden a bit, well damn, I'm bi. He face-palmed himself, Lance. He hates you. Leave that thought away. He walked back over to him, "How are you feeling?" He paused as he noticed Keith jump a bit, "Woah, calm down buddy"

Keith's face reddened in embarrassment. He had been thinking more in depth about the feeling he had experienced, and it got stronger when he saw the brunette suddenly beside him. He looked away, his eyes narrowed.

Lance gave a soft chuckle, "Wanna go downstairs? Maybe Hunk's cake is still here" he held a hand out to help Keith up. Keith only looked at it, and sat up, giving a stiff grunt, "I think he took it with him to the science museum thing.."

"Doubt it! Let's look!" Lance grinned. Keith couldn't help but grin back.