Chapter 11

The floor was still just as cold as it was before. It was also uncomfortable. Keith could never find a way to get comfortable, and it angered him, but it also left him with more and moe guilt. Why did i run..? That was such a crappy move!!-

The door to his cell opened, and he quickly turned his head around. Someone stepped in, but they seemed a lot different from the other guards that showed up. For a moment, Keith had a spark of hope it was his friends. That it was lance. But no, his eyes scanned over a very tall woman, who was a shade of pale pink, and her eyes were glazed over with no pupils, which Keith found strange, and had the number 8837 burnt onto her arm. This woman had a man standing behind her, holding a bag that seemed pretty heavy, and a chain that binded her hands together. His eyes showed promise to release her. Excitement.

The man ran a finger through his hair with a smirk and began to speak, "Hello freak. I am Sargent Jack A. Talizan. I am here to test you. If you prove strength, we will not kill you now" he spoke in a harsh tone that gave Keith shivers.

The man looked to the woman, who stood with blank eyes, and spoke loud and clearly, "8837, shift!" He spoke, and this woman suddenly growled. Purple began to inflict her body, and her eyes shifted to a vibrant and dangerous yellow that Keith got sick looking at.

So she shifts like me..? Why is she following their orders if shes like me? Shouldn't she be against them? He thought wildly, watching as the man unlocked the chain at which kept the woman, 8837's, hands at bay. She stood, growling, and it only got louder as the man spoke again, "8837, attack!"

Keith's eyes widened in surprise as the woman darted forwards, for she was no longer a woman, but a wild beast. A beast at which was controlled by shadows, and had a fried mind. The cat ears she'd shifted were pinned back as she tackled Keith and held him down by his shoulders with a growl. The man gave a loud shout, "Fight! Show me your worth! What does living mean to you?!"

Keith growled, shut up old man. He kicked the woman off hard, with his foot, and rolled onto his feet. The woman charged again in no time, like there wasnt even any pain. Like she didnt care to bleed. She swiped at him with large claws, then jumped at him, only to miss both times. Keith did not want to fight, but the more he dodged, he realized she'd only keep going. He had to end this.

With a growl, he shoved forwards and punched the woman in the gut, also sending her tumbling to the ground. Once again, as if not caring, she only stumbled back to her feet, blood dripping from her mouth. Keiths thoughts ran wild, Why does she do this? Why is she so far in their control? Keith's eyes scanned the panting woman, and locked onto the collar she wore. The same one Keith wore.

The woman ran forwards while Keith was in thought, and head butted him in the forehead. Dizzy, Keith flew back and hit the wall, then stood there in a daze, If i can get her collar off, maybe i can stop her.

The woman charged again, but this time, Keith was prepared, he grabbed her from the stomach with one hand and grabbed the collar with the other hand, trying to slice through it with his claws. Damnit! Its too hard! Must be made of steal or something! He growled and tossed her, and she went tumbling, then hit her head on the wall.

Keith flinched at that, and felt guilt rise in his whole body when she didnt move. The man gave a loud laugh, and began clapping his hands, "What a fight, freak!" He stepped forwards, holding the chain tightly in his hands, and latched them onto the girl again. He then walked over to keith, and got into the bag he held, pulling out another chain, "Do not resist freak. Come with me."

Keith growled, but every inch of his body screamed at him in pain. Pain from earlier. Pain from this fight. It all rattled his bones. The man smirked, and chained Keith's hands together while he contemplated fighting. Keith growled louder, but the man slapped him, "Quiet, freak! This wont take long, of course, as long as you cooperate"

Keith felt his ears flatten, and quietly followed the man out of the cell, his eyes slowly met the woman's body as he passed her, noticing blood run from her head. The guilt was almost too overwhelming.

***

Keith looked at the number on his arm, which burnt like hell. It made keith feel owned, and trapped. He wanted to rub it off, but it burnt and boiled with every touch. His eyes scanned over the numbers multiple times, but he couldnt seem to get it in his brain that it was there.

"..Ninety Four.. Fifty Seven.." he repeated to himself, his throat blocking air and causing his eyes to build tears,

"Ninety Four..Fifty Seven.."