Chapter 8

Keith gave a slight laugh at Lance's happiness, "Did i say something thats making you so happy?"

Lance quickly looked away, "pfft. No" he grinned. Keith let out a purr, and Lance turned a bit to look at him.

There was some silence for a moment, then lance laughed a bit, "Dude. Was that.. a purr?"

"Shut up" Keith tried to shove himself against the wall to get as far away from lance as possible, his face turning a crimson color, and his ears flattening against his head.

"No, No" Lance laughed again, "That was definitely a purr!-"
"I said SHUT UP!!" Keith growled, lashing out and scratching lance across the face.

Lance's eyes widened, pain stricken, and he slid off the bed, now sitting on the floor, his right arm still on the bed, his left hand on his cheek.

Keith sat there for a moment, his pupils thinned, and yellow. He panted, his lips curled in a snarl, and his tail lashing. Keith stop, you hurt him! He thought, but its like he was no longer in control.

Lance stood up after a moment, looking at his hand. Blood stained his hand, and he lowered it gently, turning to Keith, "Keith.."

Keith growled, and launched himself again, tackling lance and pinning him to the floor. Lance could feel Keith's hot breath on his face, but for some reason he wasn't scared. Lance gave a small smile, tears pricked the sides of his eyes, "K-Keith.. buddy.. its alright"

Keith snarled, digging his claws into lances arms, Lance what are you doing?! Run away from me! Get out of here! I should never have asked you to stay in here with me! Keith bared his teeth, which had grown jagged, Please run..

Lance only looked up at Keith, "I Know you wont kill me keith, let alone hurt me so bad. It was just a scratch Keith, im not upset" Lance put his forehead to Keith's.

Keith's ears flattened, his eyes widening the slightest bit, his arms shook a bit. Why.. Why don't you hate me for this? Please.. run.. i'm a monster, i told you this before..

Lance closed his eyes, keeping his forehead to Keith's, "Buddy.. calm down okay?" He spoke softly.

Keith felt his arms give out, and he fell on top of lance his head rested on Lance's chest. Keith shook, tears building in his eyes.

Lance grinned, and hugged Keith, "Thats a good kitty" he chuckled, shaking a bit, himself. He allowed his lips to part in a sigh of relief. He was glad he'd calmed a bit, but it was hard to ignore the throbbing on his cheek.

"..I-Im sorry" Keith struggled to say, although he felt safe and comforted within Lance's arms. Wait. Lance's.. arms?! Keith panicked a bit about this, his ears perking up. He tried to shift out of his arms, but Lance wouldn't let him go, "Calm down. Keith, please calm down"

"Just let go of me" Keith muttered, and stopped struggling. Lance only hugged him tighter, "Sorry buddy. I gotta decline that offer" Lance replied.

Keith rested there for a moment, thinking, ..Why... I'm... Monster.. Keith's ears flattened against his head once more, feeling a drowsy feeling wash over him.

Lance watched Keith carefully, a bit relieved to watch as Keith's eyes shifted back to their regular look, then closed after a bit. Lance could feel the soft pound of Keith's heartbeat, and blushed a bit, I can't believe this is happening. I feel bad for being so happy in a moment like this, but.. god my heart is pounding.

Lance gently brushed Keith's hair out of his face, he's so beautiful. He gave a small smile, I hope.. Keith doesn't mind this when he wakes up. He thought, resting a hand on Keith's head, and rested his own head back against the floor, closing his eyes, Guess im sleeping on the floor tonight. Not so bad i guess.

***

Keith opened his eyes a bit to a dimly lit room. The window to his room was the only source of light. What.. happened last night.. Keith yawned, lifting himself a bit. His whole right side felt stiff, and he looked down to check the mark on his side, only to notice Lance's arms wrapped around him, and a sleeping lance underneath him. CRAP! Keith flipped out, and his hands slipped from underneath himself, falling on lance and waking him up.

"Ow" Lance grunted, sitting up a bit. He looked at Keith, who's eyes immediately looked sympathetic, "Sorry! I-I didn't mean to wake you, i just fell" He stuttered, and Lance laughed, "Its fine, Keith. Did you sleep okay? You arent Galra anymore"

"I slept fine.. galra..?" Keith asked, then his eyes widened. He remembered scratching lance across the face. He remembered.. loosing control. His eyes hesitantly looked at the scratch on Lance's face. It was scabbed over, with dried blood.

Lance noticed keith looking at it, and covered, "Oh! No, No, dont worry! It doesnt hurt! Its okay i promise!"

I did that to him? Keith felt his stomach twist, and found his breath caught in his throat, I hurt him.. gosh i hurt him....

Lance sat up all the way, "Keith, Look at me. Im fine. You would never hurt me-"
"But i did!" Keith shouted, "Lance, i hurt you!" Keith's voice cracked in pain, "I lost control, Im so, so sorry!"

Lance took Keith's head in his hands, "Keith! Listen to me! I'm fine! If you lost control, then ill help you control it better, you got that?!"

Keith paused, then looked away, "..Yeah.. okay.." He muttered. Lance grinned after a moment, "Ya know mullet, You are pretty adorable as a cat"

"Galra!" Keith argued, "I wasn't a cat. And also, i wasn't adorable. Stop talking like that"
"Aww sureeee~" Lance giggled, and Keith couldnt help but be amused at this.

You win this time, Mcclain.