Chapter 5

Keith made his way downstairs, giving a small grin of amusement when he heard Hunk bragging about a cake he had just made. He walked in the room and waved, "Hey guys"

Shiro turned and gave a wide grin, "There you are! you've been upstairs in your room for a while. are you sick?" He asked, standing and walking over.

"No" Keith replied almost too fast, glancing at Lance, who looked almost as nervous as he did. "Im not sick. don't worry"

Shiro was silent for a bit before brushing it off, walking to the table beside keith, "Well, we've got some food on the table. help yourself" He said as he picked up an apple. He walked towards the door, grabbing car keys, "Come on pidge. You said you wanted to go with me to check out the science museum, right?"

Keith looked at him, "Since when did you talk about a science museum?" he asked as he took an apple and sat down at the table. Pidge turned to him and gave a smirk, "Since when did you start wearing Lance's jacket?" she countered. Keith's face went red in embarrassment, "I-I" he looked away, "Its the only jacket i could find. i bet Lance is mad at me for wearing it" he peeked over at lance, as if expecting him to act like he was.

Lance blinked, confused for a second, then his eyes widened as he understood. he stood up and marched over, "Damn right I'm mad! You'd better give it back, Mullet!" he growled.

"Stop calling me Mullet!" Keith growled in turn, standing up to be face to face with the brunette. He was ticked off at Lance, even though he was just acting. he couldn't understand why. he was getting a weird feeling. his face reddened when he had gotten face to face with him, and his stomach felt as if butterflies had been pounding at his insides. He turned away, crossing his arms, "Bye Shiro, Bye Pidge" he remarked.

"Hunk, why dont you come with us too?" Pidge asked, grinning. His eyes gave a spark of amusement at the two fighting  boys, "I could use your help. I'm looking for a certain thing.."

Hunk touched his pointer fingers together repeatedly, "Uh.. is that a good idea? these two might.. you know.. break each other's necks" He said, his brown eyes glancing at the two. Pidge waved a hand, "Don't worry, they both know Shiro would kill them if that were the case. C'mon!" he jumped, and followed Shiro out the door.

Hunk looked at Lance and Keith again, before turning back to the doorway, "Should i bring my cake?-" he was dragged out the door by Pidge.

Now it was just the two boys in the kitchen, facing away from each other. Lance looked at the door, and sighed in relief, "Phew, that was close. You are a really good actor, Keith. for a moment i actually thought-"
"I am mad at you" Keith scolded, turning to face him. Lance, a bit surprised, backed up a bit. His eyes were hurt, "Keith.. it was just acting.. i didnt mean anything i said-"

"It's not anything you said!" He threw his hands in the air, "Its what you did!" he began walking around, "I don't know. I feel so weird! i can't keep feeling this!" he turned to him, "Its probably because you called me Mullet! stop calling me Mullet!"

"Well I'm sorry if i was trying to make it seem like we were actually arguing!" he shot back, his hands on his hips, "I don't understand why you are so mad at me! I don't need this" He turned and walked upstairs, heading towards his room.

Keith stood there, his arms crossed, as he looked at the floor. After a few moments, his eyes turned sad, The feeling i had earlier.. it couldn't have been anger.. it felt... nice.

***

Keith sat on his bed, watching out his window. The jacket Lance gave him was very big on him, so he had the sleeves covering his hands, his head resting on them. Lance's smell still lingered on the jacket, a peppermint scent, and that caused a pang of sadness to fill him. I was too harsh on him. I need to apologize.. He gave a sigh. He jumped a bit when he heard his door open, and turned to see who it was.

Lance walked in and shut the door behind him, "Hey Keith"

Keith turned to face him all the way, "Oh. Lance. i was about to come see you. i just.. wanted to say.." he gave a sigh, and he and Lance both looked at each other, speaking in unison,

"Im sorry"

Lance blinked, looking at Keith, "Wait, did you.. apologize.. to me?" he asked. Keith crossed his arms and looked away. The feeling came back to him, a red tint showing on his cheeks, "Yes. i did. so what?" he mumbled, "I felt bad about earlier. so.. i said it."

Lance walked forwards, a small grin on his face, "I said it too you know. it was partially my fault too" he said, sitting on the bed, beside him. They both looked away, a small grin on their faces. Keith turned to him, "You said nothing wrong, Lance"

Lance playfully shoved Keith, "Fat load of good that does me now!" he giggled, earning one from Keith as well, who barely moved from the shove, "Why, did you worry too much?"

Lance, looked down, "Well.. yeah.. i did.." he looked up at Keith, "Its just that-"

the phone began to ring.