Regret

Great Fox - Kitchen

Fox sat down at the table. Not knowing what to believe. Wolf decides to save his life and his team makes Wolf a prisoner of war. Falco walks into the room and sits across from Fox.

"So Wolf saved your life huh.." Falco says with his cocky attitude.

"Yeah..I still don't know why.." Fox replies.

"I'm with Krystal on this one Fox. I think once Wolf recovers he's gonna try something. We should abandon him on some distant planet instead of taking him to Corneria. Let him suffer." Falco says.

"No. There's no way I'm abandoning Wolf. I'm not turning him into General Pepper either." Fox replies.

"Wolf is out to kill you. As soon as he's able to walk he's gonna be at your throat!" Falco shouts.

"You really think he's gonna try something when he has no backup?! He can't take us all on and he knows it!" Fox slams his fist on the table and yells.

"Wolf is the enemy Fox. He's tried to kill us multiple times. Just because he saved your life doesn't mean he changed his ways." Falco says as he walks toward the door.

"I never said he changed!!" Fox yells but Falco is already gone. "Damn it.." Fox sighs.

Great Fox - Medbay

Wolf looks up as Fox walks into the room with a bowl in his hand.

"I thought you'd might be hungry." Fox says as he sits in the chair next to the bed and hands Wolf the bowl of mush. "Sorry but that's all you can eat until you fully heal." Fox says, rubbing the back of his neck.

Wolf sniffs the mush and slowly laps it up. "Tastes better than anything I've had in a long time." Wolf says as he takes laps even more of it up into his mouth.

Fox looks at Wolf and feels a sense of guilt. Fox was a beloved hero who got paid for saving the Lylat System while Wolf was a wanted man. He was hated and could probably barely pay for a decent meal.

"You know..Peppy says you should be back on your feet in about a day. You'll have a decent meal and a room to stay in." Fox says as he plays with his fingers.

"What's the point?" The lupine puts the bowl down. "I'm gonna be turned in once we land on Corneria. A meal and room means nothing." Wolf turns his head away from Fox.

"I'm not gonna turn you into General Pepper. I promise I won't." Fox says.

"Why not? I tried to kill you so many times before. Turning me in can also get you a huge reward. I got a huge bounty on my head." Wolf says.

Fox puts his hand on Wolf's shoulder causing the lupine to turn his head and look him in the eyes. Fox looked straight into Wolf's violet eye. "You saved me Wolf. I already told you that I owe you for that." Fox says.

Slippy pokes his head inside the medbay. "Fox we need you on the bridge." The toad looks at Wolf and shivers.

"I'm on my way Slippy. Meet me there." Slippy nods and hops away. "I'll see you tomorrow and hopefully you'll be better." Fox says and walks towards the door.

"Fox.." The lupine says in almost a whisper.

"Yeah Wolf?" Fox looks back at the lupine hanging his head.

The lupine hesitates for a minute. "I'll see you tomorrow."

The Next Day
Great Fox - Medbay

"Easy does it." Fox says as he helps Wolf out of bed.

"When can I get out of this ridiculous hospital gown?" Wolf asks and pulls at the white gown.

"Well we washed what you were wearing while you were recovering. It's in your room. Follow me." Fox says and motions for Wolf to follow him out the door. Wolf looked at all the doors in the long corridors and wondered what was in each room. Not that he wanted to steal anything but was just curious on what could fill all of this space.

Fox stopped and opened a door to a medium sized room. The room had a queen sized bed, a TV, and a closet. "Sorry it isn't luxury. All of your clothes are in the closet." Fox said as he pointed to the closet. Wolf grabbed the handle and opened it. He looked back at Fox. "Do you mind? I'd like to change in peace." The lupine eyed the vulpine down.

"Sorry. I'm gonna go to the kitchen in a few. It's just around the corner. The second door to the left. You are welcome to join us." Fox says and closes the door. Wolf hears Fox's footsteps grow quieter and quieter. Wolf pulled the gown over his head and threw it onto the bed. He put on his black undershirt and black jeans. He laced up his boots and sighed. He finally felt like himself again. No more silly gown. He felt his stomach rumble and decided to eat breakfast with Fox and the others.

Great Fox - Kitchen

Fox walked into the kitchen and saw Krystal sitting at the far right. Next to her was Falco and across from Falco was Peppy. About two seats away from Falco was Wolf with his head down. Fox grabbed a plate with some pancakes on it and walked towards Wolf.

"Why so down? Aren't you gonna eat your food?" Fox asked the lupine as he sat down. Fox looked past Wolf only to see Falco and Krystal giving Wolf intimidating glares. 'He doesn't feel welcome here' Fox thought to himself. "Wolf don't worry ab-" Fox was cut off.

"It's fine. I'm not hungry anyway." Wolf gets up and walks out the door. Fox looks down and sighs.