Blossoming friendship

Next morning Rey woke up from an annoying buzzing alarm. Opening her eyes she realized it was 7:00 already, extremely late for her first class. "Shit," she cursed, throwing the sheets aside. Stretching and yawning some more, Rey grabbed a towel and walked to the bathroom. Literature was something Rey was not interested in but was a requirement to take. In two more years, she will be earning a degree and start working for a newspaper company. Her passion was to write and do research. 

Rey and Finn had dinner last night with his new girlfriend. It made Rey feel a little jealous since he wouldn't be spending much time with her like old times. The girl's name was Rose and she was nice after all. Both women get to know each other and had an interesting talk throughout the evening. Her friend was now taken and Rey didn't have any other person to confide her feelings of trust. Luke was her adopted father but Rey respected him a lot and their bond was somewhat different. The only things she would tell Luke would be about classes and job aspirations.Her adoptive father was also a busy middle-aged man.

As she took a warm shower, Rey was still feeling sleepy. After getting home, she couldn't sleep at all. The brunette thought about many things including her nude painting and artist. His presence gave her so much confidence. Rey felt different whenever Ben was in the same room as her. She would often wonder if his girlfriend made the artist happy. Connix seemed weird and Rey thought Ben was totally the opposite. 

Well, opposites attract after all... 

Stepping out of the shower, Rey quickly dried up and started getting dressed. She was supposed to meet Ben Solo later in the afternoon. This time Rey wore a short casual flowery dress. She then brushed her soft natural wavy hair, applied some face powder, mascara and a cherry tinted lip balm. Rey was naturally beautiful and didn't need any makeup according to others. She then put on some beige boots and proceeded to leave her flat.

Not having enough time to eat the breakfast that Luke made, she grabbed a single toast from a plate and shut the door behind. Luke would wake up earlier and prepared breakfast before heading to work. Skywalker gave her a good humble life allowing Rey to be someone. It was hard for Rey to let go of the past, especially how her alcoholic parents threw her away like trash. How can people be like that? She asked herself a lot. 

Literature class was starting in a couple of minutes and the young woman kept on cursing. Her fast walking turned then into jogging. 

"Shit, shit, shit.. I'm not going to make it!" Rey kept telling herself running through other groups of people walking slowly. "Excuse me! Sorry! I'm running late!" 

The sound of a car horn caught her attention and it was following her. "Hey!" A familiar voice called out to Rey.

Stopping in her tracks and out of breath, Rey recognized the driver of the mysterious car. It was none other than Ben Solo driving a black Audi with both front windows lowered. "Need a lift?" 

"I sure do..," the girl answered still trying to catch her breath. 

Ben half smiled at Rey, "Hop in."

In a matter of time, Rey walked over the car and got into the passenger seat. The car then drove ahead. "Thank you, Mr. Sol.. I mean Ben." 

"It's fine." He said giving her a quick glance. "Looks like you're not the only one running late today." 

"So we're even then," Rey joked back fixing her hair with both hands, "Great."

He smiled at her again before drinking from a coffee paper cup. "What class you're supposed to take now?" Ben asked putting down the cup.