~My heart's racing~

Your POV

I stare at my burnt pancakes.

"I'm so sorry for just barging in. You were sleeping and I know how much you love pancakes, so when you woke up, I thought we could eat together." I smile at him.

He stares shocked, his cheeks a little flushed. "What? Did you want me to text you first? I'm sorry." I mutter the last parts. "Oh! It's no problem (Y/N). In fact, I wanted to ask you something. . . " He trails off.

I grin at him, loving all of his expressions. They were always the cutest.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, I flip it out. "One sec, Souda. . . It's Yuta! School's out. He's on his way here." I laugh. "We can all be together!" I turn back to him, and see a weird sight.

Souda's clenching his fists glaring at the floor, seemingly lost in thought.

'Recently, he's been acting weird. I hope he's ok.' I think to myself worriedly. "(Y-(Y/N), can you tell Yuta that he shouldn't come here." He stutters.

"W-why?" I stutter back.

"I want to. . . Can't we just eat pancakes here . . . together?" I stare wide-eyed at his desperate expression.

"Souda . . . It's only been a morning and I feel we're drifting apart. I don't know if it's school or something that's stressing you out, but I can't stand this tension between friends.  I'll cancel with Yuta today,  if it'll make you feel better.  But, please talk to me!" I look down at my phone,  sending Yuta a text telling him not to come.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry for stressing you out.  I know something that will make you feel beetter. Look." He steps away from me and to his fridge.

'Please tell me is what I think it is.' I hope.

"Mango icepops!" He brings out one and I pounce on him. "Aw, you're the best." His face turns more red. "I hope you aren't sick. You've been turning red for a while now."

He looks away.

"J-just eat your icepop." He stutters once again, handing me the stick. I lick it once glancing at Souda, who seemed lost in thought again.

"Wanna lick?" I hold my ice pop over to him. "But you already. . ." There goes his natural skin color again.

"You're quiet again." He stares shocked as if he didn't notice it again. "Sorry . . . Let's go to the workshop." He takes my hand by my palm and helps me along.

"I was working on this before." He reveals the creation he was sleeping on before. It was just a flower, delicate and slightly pretty. "It's an alarm clock. It buzzes you slightly when you set for a time."

He flinches, then takes the flower clock, and hesitantly places it in my hair behind my hair.

"For me . . . " I ask. He nods blushing slightly. "It looks pretty on you." He mutters. Then suddenly my face heats up a little as I stare at Souda. I gasp and hide my red face in my coat.

'That's the first time he ever complimented me on appearence!'

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Souda prods, worried. "N-nothing, sorry." I regain my composure. 'Was that a blush?' I can't bring my face to look at Souda, not with my heart beating so fast.

'My heart's beating so fast. Am I having a heart attack?!'

"T-thanks for the flower." I say again. "It'll be getting dark soon. I should go soon or (S/N) will worry." I say although it's only 5 now.

"Okay. . . " He says a little dejected. I feel guilty, but I really wanted to get away from him as quickly as possible. Reluctantly, I turn away from going to the front door of the warehouse.

"Wait, (Y/N)!" He calls out, and I see him run to me.

"W-what?" I stutter for the third time in my life. He places a hand on my head and I flinch, my heart pounding more fiercely, threatening to come out of my ribcage.

"Are you free after school tomorrow?" He asks. "Yeah, why." I finally manage to say normally. He swallows his breath for a second.

"Can I take you on a date."

I step back, my face red and I can't seem to form words. "U-uh. . .Uh. . ." Why is everything happening so fast?! 'D-date! Oh, I can't handle this.'

I turn on my heel and sprint away.

"(Y/N)!" I hear him call after me, but my heart is blinded by too many feelings right now to focus. I run all the way home, knocking on the door yelling out.

"(S/N)!" She immediatly opens the door, tears run down my face.  "W-what happened, (Y/N)?!" She cups my face and checks for injuries.

"I don't know what to do."

~~

(S/N) and I sit on my bed, as I clutch my pillow leaning on her shoulder.

2nd Person POV

"He asked me on a date!" You say, tightening your grip on the pillow.

"Mhmm." (S/N) nods.

"I was so nervous, anxious and scared back then. But right now, I . . . I feel so happy. Can you believe it?!" You flop on your bed trying not to grin. "Would he-"  You stop yourself right there, blushing and trying even harder not to smile.

'Would he kiss me?' You squeal involuntarily.

"I knew that thug would steal my sister away. Ever since, the first day he got here." (S/N) growls. "You don't think he's a thug." You roll your eyes. (S/N) took an instant liking to him as soon as he introduced himself the morning he woke up.

"Anyway, (S/N). I don't understand.  I've never had a crush. He's not my crush. We're definitely friends. I just don't understand why heart is hurting? Why is my face all red? Why can't I help but, smile whenever I think about him." You place her hand on your chest wondering if she could feel your heart beat.

She stares at you blankly.

"You're so naive. He likes you. Why do think he followed you around all of these years." She says clearly, sighing at you.

"We're  friends though. . .I like being only friends.  And by your logic that would mean Yuta likes me too, which is impossible."

She raises an eyebrow and you clamp your mouth shut.

"Don't tell me-" "You've had those boys wrapped around your little finger since you were 7." She smirks. "Leading them on for years. . . " You gasp, "Yuta." You whisper.

"If I were you, I'd go on that date. You might like him too." She sits up. Just the mere phrase of her last sentence made you blush completly.

"We'll pick out a cute dress tomorrow."  You wait until she closed the door,  then take the flower from your hair and twirl it in your hands. "If that's true." You mutter.

"Then why doesn't my heart do the same thing when I think about Yuta . . ."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh, I liked making this chapter. I'm sorry, but I might not be able to get GIFS in this story, but I will try for my next book coming out after this one.

After posting the other chapter, I seriously got inspired to do this one immediatly after.

I hope you enjoy! 2 parts left!

-Anime-Obssessed