~Lovers or Loners~

2nd POV

It's the next day

You stare at yourself in the mirror. You've never been this self-concious about how you looked before, deciding what to wear.

"I have school today.  It's going to be so awkward. Thank goodness tomorrow's Friday." You sigh.  You smile shortly to yourself. Your face glowing as you think of seeing Souda today.

'Would he say he loves me? Would he hold my hand? Would he ki-' You dared not think the last thought or you were sure your face would become a lantern.

"I don't like him anyway. I want to still be friends.  Best friends with Yuta. How can it be that they've liked me all this time?  Is it true that a girl can never have a male as a friend?"

You mutter to yourself, tying your school clothes on your body and wearing tights as both Yuta and Souda had advised you to do yesterday.

Suddenly, a wave a self-concious behavior sweeps over you.

"Does my hair look okay." You look in the mirror, pricking and preening trying to make yourself look perfect. Then you stare at your face trying to find imperfections.

'Maybe I'd look better with make-up. I think (S/N) has-WAIT WHAT AM I THINKING.  I'VE NEVER USED MAKEUP IN MY LIFE. ' You stare shocked at yourself.

You step back from the mirror taking your bag.

"Wow Souda, you're really messing with my brain." You mutter, opening your door. "Hey (Y/N)." Yuta looms over, face-to-face with you. You blush. 'He can't possibly like me.' You say in your mind.

"What's up? Your cheeks are red."

He pokes your cheek, with a short smile. You smile back too. "It's nothing.  C'mon, let's go to school. " You both walk down the stairs.

"Bye, (S/N)!" You call out. (S/N) walks our with a grin, locking Yuta into a headlock and ruffling his hair.

"Don't be a delinquent today. " She laughs.  "I'll try." He smiles back.

(S/N) had to bail him out from some situations because of his troublesome talent.

"Let's go." I say walking out the door. He stares at me shocked. "Isn't this usually the time where we wait for Pepsi-kun?" He questions.

You look away, trying not to blush while recalling yesterday's events. "I-I don't think he's coming today." You stutter, and clamp your mouth shut.

"You don't stutter. Something's up. What did that loser do to you?!"  Yuta gets all worked up, fuming inwardly.

"Nothing! He didn't anything." You stop him from burning down Souda's workshop.

"Good." He mutters. You both walk to school, with silence looming over you both.

~
Your POV

'I can't stop staring!' I yell in my mind.  All the time at school I can't help, but glance in Souda's direction.

He never so much as looks at me. Everyone time he looks sorta my way, my head spins in impossible ways to avoid his eyes only to find out he was talking to Chiaki, Nekomaru, or someone like that.

I feel a little rejected, seeing that he's not looking at me.  'He asked me on a date.  Shouldn't he be showing me with attention.' I let a little insecurity slip in my mind.

I didn't want to sound vain, but I really, really (for some reason) wanted to see his face.

~
2nd POV