Chapter 8

Hey lovelies!! Chapter 8 is here!! Yay!!This chapter is a bit dark, so be warned. I hope you like it!!
Xoxo
NeverlandsDreamer

————————————————————

Drip drop drip drop
So much blood
I'm close to death
So much blood
That pretty red

————————————————————

Jack and his hunters made it back to the platform early and empty handed. Ralph saw this and grew frustrated. Those hunters, they never come back with anything.

Kids were scattered about on the hot sand, kissed by the afternoon light. Clare and Jack exchanged glances. She smiled slightly, what was he thinking staring at her like that. He made his way over to her.

Why does he have to be shirtless

"Hey." The redhead said and put his arm across her shoulders.
"Hey yourself." She replied. Jack reached inside his shorts pocket, well, what was left of his shorts, and brought out a shell. It was blue, her favorite color.
"Jack it's gorgeous!" She cried and flung her arms around him.
"I would have gotten you something nicer, but ya know, I didn't see any jewelry stores around here." He joked Clare laughed. She gave him a peck on the lips and he grinned. She loved that smile.
"What do we have here?" A voice said and Simon appeared at their side.
"Simon!" Clare shouted, surprised. The small boy raised an eyebrow. She looked to Jack for help but he gave no comment.
"We were just, um, I was...." Clare trailed searching for an excuse. Simon leaned in so he could whisper in Clare's ear without Jack hearing.
"Ralph's not gonna like this Clare. You know how he feels about Jack." The boy said and his green eyes shot her a warning look.
"He's not going to find out, right Simon?" She said, daring him to tell. Simon caught on to what she was saying and gave her a nod. He left, embarrassed.
"Next time we should go somewhere more private." Clare said quietly, not wanting Jack to think that she was ashamed to be with him.
"I agree, we don't want any.......onlookers."

————————————————————

Clare wandered idly down the stretch of the beach, slightly smiling when the waves kissed the tips of her sunburned toes. Her body was still tingling from her brief moment with Jack yesterday afternoon right before Simon caught them. Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack Merridew. She couldn't stop thinking about him. Ralph, no, yes. God!

Stop it now silly, they're just boys.

She felt like her head and heart were at war. Her head was telling her to be with Ralph. Soft, kind, innocent Ralph. But her heart told her to be with Jack. Passionate, crazy, and dangerous Jack.
One had the green eyes of emeralds and spoke like an angel. The other had skin soft as snow and hair red as hell. She loved them both with all her heart but she could only chose one. The two boys hated each other for all she knew and if Ralph ever found out about her and Jack, he'd be heartbroken. Clare looked back at the shoreline and realized how far she strayed from the group. Oh how easy it would be for her to die right on the spot and know one would know. She shuddered. The sun was peeking its head above the turquoise waters. Ralph held yet another meeting and talked about a beast. The littluns claimed to have seen it at night in the trees, but she didn't believe them. She couldn't tell if Jack did because he said he wanted to kill it if there was one. Ralph wasn't too fond of this comment because it wasn't proper for British boys to go around killing. She was thankful for Ralph's voice of reason. Jack likes to jump the gun on things a lot.

Clare smiled grimly at the frothy waves. She was exhausted, but still woke up early. She looked over her shoulder and squinted. She could just make out some of the boys slowing waking up. She really had wandered far. Was that Ralph she saw, or Harold? She couldn't tell. She must be on the other side of the island, near the foot of the mountain. Clare gazed into the pink morning sky, eyes like two shimmering green gems in the sweet light of dawn. Her brown hair, feathered with sand and stiff with seawater, fell against her burned forehead. The sound of the waves crashing on a weakened shore gave the girl a sense of peace and security. But her situation was nothing of the sort.

There was a noise coming from the jungle, not too far from where Clare stood. Her eyes narrowed in worry. It sounded again. A rustling she confirmed, then in horror she realized that something was inside those shrubs watching her, stalking her. Despite her fear, Clare went against her instincts and drew nearer to the trim of the jungle. Her movements were slow and tense, no haste within them, and before long, she was standing right at the bushes waiting for the beast to emerge. But no beast came, not even a pig or a rabbit. But then she heard it, breathing. Hungry and very loud breaths, and they didn't belong to her. Clare took a step back. It didn't sound like an animal more like a....... she was at a loss for words and turned on her heel and sprinted away.

A human

Someone had been watching her, staring in disguise as she ran down the beach. How long were they watching her for? Who was it? Before long she heard footsteps behind her.

Oh my god! They're following me!

She ran into the forest, trying to lose her pursuer, but her feet were sloppy in the sand and found it hard to run. In her exhaustion, the girl collapsed on the ground. She heard the footsteps coming closer to her and she was kicked on her side. She looked up at her attacker and saw two glittering black eyes staring back.

Roger

"Hello" He said wickedly. His dark hair was in his eyes and he was breathing heavily from the thrill of his pursuit. His lips curled into a smirk.
"Get away from me NOW!" She screamed and kicked at the boy.
"No one can hear you out here, girly. Jacky can't come to save you." He clucked and continued smirking. Suddenly the boy was on top of her, crushing her. She could barely speak from the weight. Her limbs fell stiff in his cold grasp, the girl was scared. Roger licked his lips, he was in control.

He stared down at the girl, head cocked to one side as if she was the strangest thing he had ever seen. Maybe she was, her green eyes widened like a frightened animal, this wasn't the fighter from before. Roger pressed himself harder against the girl.
"You're a long way from camp, Clare Bear." Roger spoke in a predatory whisper, his breath falling on the unscathed skin of her neck. "That's a bit dangerous, don't you think?" Roger continued, almost lazily, as if holding the girl beneath him was a languid pleasure. He enjoyed watching, feeling, her quake with fear. It excited him. Roger reached into his pocket and took out an object and dangled it close to her throat.

It was her parang knife.

Clare's breath caught in her chest. She was thrown into a catatonic state of fear. Her body was so rigid with fear that Roger sat up and laughed. "Strange isn't it? You walk all the way out here and didn't expect to be hunted? And no matter what happens, nobody can hear you scream." He said as he brought the knife against the skin of her neck. A sigh escaped the boy, this was too good. The girl quaked under him.
"You're not scared, are you?" He asked tauntingly, his lips brushing the flesh of her ear. The girl let out a sob in response which deemed her weak in Rogers mind. He cackled. He trailed the knife along her cheek and lustily watched the crimson blood trickle down her neck. He brushed his fingers along the scratch and let her blood smear across his hand.
"Poor bitch." He said in mock sympathy. His hands roughly brushed across her cheek.
"Please god." Clare whimpered. Roger shook his head.
"Don't say that sweetheart, you just made a deal with the devil." And with that he crashed his lips onto hers, roughly. Tears spilled down her cheeks. He pulled apart and frowned. Oh god how this girl intrigued him.

XXXXXX

Clare lay in the jungle not knowing what to think. Roger attacked her, kissed her. Why, how. He terrified her. She knew she couldn't tell anyone or he'd come after her. She was too funny ashamed to tell anyone. What was she to do?
————————————————————
Hey!! This chapter was scary I know!! Next chapter I will add to Jack and Clare's relationship as I promised a few of my readers. And my messages are always open <3. My goal is 1k reads so please spread to word! Don't forget to vote. Love you guys!
Ps I want to get to know you! So if you want to talk or if you want a friend to rant to! I'm here!!