Chapter 19

Hiii!! NeverlandsDreamer is back with another chap!! This one is sad :( I hope you like it though!!

xoxo

NeverlandsDreamer

———————————————————-

I'm like a lost ship
adrift on the sea
The sea of heartbreak
Lost in me

———————————————————-

Jack was smiling maliciously as Roger drew her from behind to meet his gaze. Clare felt confused inside, why was worry replacing the love she once felt for the boy?

"Round up the others." Jack ordered to Roger. "Tell then to get some rest."

Roger gave him a curt nod before looking back lustfully at Clare. But then he snapped himself out of his own daze and walked around to the other side of the rock, castle rock.

Jack turned to the girl and lead her into a cave of some sort.

"Do you know what I'm going to do to you?" Jack asked, moving so that he was pressed up against Clare. His soft and painted skin felt unnatural on hers, so utterly unlike the forceful grasp of Roger. His touch was much more fiery and powerful.

Jack's laughter cascaded down the bumpy, shallow side of the wall. It rang in her ears and caused shivers of nervousness to run down her spine.

Clare felt Jack's fingers upon the scratched, flared skin of her neck.

"Roger's readied you," Jack muttered, distastefully and gave her a look of fury. "I must remind him that you are mine." Jack, to prove a point, ground his hip against Clare's thigh and causing her to let out a small moan.

The fire cackled and grew with its unassuming glee, licking up to touch the tendrils of the night with its glow of guilt. All was quiet; nobody moved. Clare found herself parched from the silent shock that overtook her quaking her nerves. Her heart ached. Her mind sputtered. Nothing made sense. She loved Jack, right? The sickening idea that Jack had changed since the crash had dawned on her. As her eyes passed over his painted body, she realized she was right. This was not the witty and kind boy who she met on the plane.

Forcefully, as if to startle withdrew his mouth from her own, feeling his heart hammer loudly against his chest when she groaned at the separation. His lips were cold and moist from where hers had been, and with a rush of heat, he trailed hungry, desperate kisses along her jawline, although he knew his appetite could never really be satiated. He was empty for her; he lips, his heart, his mind...they were all hollow. Vacant. Void. Empty without Clare.

But then something in Jack's brain switched on. Wether it was a primal action or not, Clare did not know.

He trailed sloppy kisses along the slope of her jaw, suckling and biting until he could feel her chest heaving with the steady feeling of pain. Jack smiled, proud of his work. However, his pride was interrupted by someone speaking.

Roger was speaking.

"How come you get to go first?" he asked, quite civilly, considering his temper.

Jack lazily relinquished his hold on Clare's mouth and glared up at his friend. "Because I'm chief."

Roger growled. "I got her here. If it hadn't have been for me, she'd be off fucking Ralph."