Bark but No Bite

(Reader POV)

I entered my room and shut the door behind me before stripping off my dirty maid's uniform and slipping on an (f/c) nightgown that I had found in the room's wardrobe. I heard a quiet knock on my door.

"You can come in," I called, turning to face the door. I watched as Sebastian slipped through the door and quietly locked the door behind him.

"You look nice," he said, glancing at me for a moment too long.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I commented. He had taken off his tailcoat and had his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"Do you like what you see?" he taunted.

"I don't know, do I?"

He glanced at me; it was almost like he was wondering what to do next. Then he started moving towards me. Slowly. He walked in a way that reminded me of a predator stalking his prey. I took a step back as I tried to figure out what he would do next. I walked backward, matching his pace until the backs of my knees hit the edge of the mattress and I tripped, falling onto my bed. I laid frozen on the mattress as Sebastian stepped closer and then he was kneeling over me. He leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"I think you do."

His warm breath tickled my ear when he spoke. Then he stood up and walked across the room, unlocking the door and opening it. He glanced back once more at me; I was sitting up now, watching him leave.

"Goodnight, Miss (Y/n), rest well."

And then he left. The latch on the door clicking shut as his footsteps faded down the hall.

Yo! Sorry that I haven't been updating lately. Thank you all for reading this and I hope to update again soon. >-<

-2nd Red Queen of Hearts