Chapter 5

*June 2009*

“Hey Elle! You heard of The Script, right?” Cody asked me, as we walked to swim practise. “Yeah, they sing um, the something that can’t be moved.” I replied, still thinking. “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved. Yeah, well I was thinking of doing a cover of that, for you tube.” “Yeah! And that’d be cool.” I said, agreeing with the idea. 

“So, have you been on the videos lately?” Cody asked, with a smile on his face. “No, why?” I said, laughing a bit at his expression. “Well, the views have gone up. Like, a lot!!” Cody said, exaggerating ‘a lot’. “And, there are more comments.” Cody finishing off his sentence before wiggling his eyebrows at me. I playfully rolled my eyes at him and nudged him, as we walked into swim practise.

“GOOO!” I shouted to Cody as I pressed the record button on the video camera. I felt like a boss.

I watched as he sung, and how his fingers played with the guitar. He was so talented, and the world was going to love him one day. 

“Yay! Now lets upload it!” I said, going to run off, but Cody stopped me. “No, my mum will do it, lets just go chill.” “Oh, we have homework!” I said, putting the video camera down, and turning to Cody. “Really. Homework?” He said, with no expression in his voice. “Hey. Now do you want a job when you’re older?” I asked, pointing my finger at him. “Yeah, but-” “No buts, butts are for sitting on. Lets goo!” I said, as I dragged him upstairs, to start on our homework.

Little did we know, that in 6 months, Cody would already have a job. A job every person dreams of.