Chapter 1

"Alright mom im finally fucking leaving! Hope you're fucking happy." I screamed as I slammed the front door shut. She is always up my ass I swear. I quickly grabbed my earbuds and shoved them as far as I could into my ears. I clicked shuffle play on my playlist and buried my phone in my back pocket. 

I started jogging down the stairs and made my way down to the bus stop. It was really windy out and my hair was flying everywhere. I shoved it behind my ears, but because it was so long, that did absolutely nothing.

After a few minuets I arrived at the bent stop sign that is at the end of my street. the best part about my bus stop was that I had it all to myself.

I was the only kid who was at it and it was amazing. no awkward eye contact with people, never had to socialize, I could do whatever I wanted and not be judged. It was my 10 minuets of alone time every morning. Sometimes I would leave early just to spend more time there. 

As I approached my stop I set my bag down and sat down against the thin metal pole holding up the rusted, once red, stop sign. I turned my music up and checked the time. 12 minuets until the bus comes. I started scrolling through my phone, opening snaps from some friends and replying to texts I got weeks ago. 

That's how I worked. I didn't care about anyone. I just did me and didn't care what shit people would say about it. At least that's how I was after my mom found someone new. But that's something I didn't really talk about.

I was in the middle of reading a text that my friend Juliette sent me like 3 days ago when something caught the corner of my eye. Someone was walking towards me. I figured it was just someone walking their dog or going on a morning run and decided not to even bothering looking up. But once the figure came near me, they stopped. I waited a few seconds and finally looked up.

The person I saw in front of me was tall. He kind of shocked me. He- well, hes not someone you see everyday. He had shaggy black hair that almost covered his eyes.

He also had tattoos, a lot of them. He had a few on his face, and a few on his neck. he wore a pink sweatshirt and had an all black Vans backpack on. His eyes were very droopy and honestly he looked high as fuck. 

I didn't know who he was, or why he was at my bus stop. "Hello?" I asked as I stood up and took a step back. He wasn't very close to me, but he gave off weird vibes. He didn't even look up from his phone. Did he hear me? "Hello??" I asked again impatiently. He looked up from his phone and we immediately made eye contact. Fuck. Exactly what I didn't want to happen.

"Oh, hey" He said calmly as he smirked at me. Damn, hes pretty cute.

I took a minute and studied him a little harder. I scrunched my eyebrows, obviously wondering who the hell he was. It was the second quarter of the year and I was not willing to go through the next 3 with someone at my bus stop. Especially some wannabe sound cloud rapper looking kid.

"Uh- I'm Diego." He let out little. 

-----------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys! Just want to let you know all the pictures at the top of the chapters are supposed to be of Shannon. Just wanted to make that clear :)