Chapter 6

Diego's POV

After a few card games Valarie's parents went upstairs to "go watch a movie" so me and Val decided we would have some fun of our own. Me and her had been dating for a few days now and it was okay I guess.

I liked her and everything, but something about her just didn't make me feel right. I knew she wasn't the one. I needed to find that girl who made my stomach turn and who I really loved. But Val was an amazing girl, and I couldn't hurt her.

"I have the perfect spot. The back porch is like abandoned and no one ever goes out there. And there's this huge couch out there." Val explained to me.

I nodded my head and she grabbed my hand as she began guiding me around the house. As we began making our way around the side of the house I got hit with this huge whiff of straight kush. My eyes lit up with excitement knowing someone was smoking nearby.

"Ew, it smells like shit, what is that smell." Val stopped in her tracks.

I looked down at her realizing she doesn't even know the smell of weed. She's never smoked before.

"I-I dont know" I lied

She began creeping around the edge of the house and peeked her head out the corner. She held my hand tighter and completely walked around the corner of the house.

"Shannon! What the fuck!" Val semi-shouted.

She dragged me to the porch and I saw Shannon sitting there with a almost completely smoked blunt between her fingers. She looked up at us and her eyes were bloodshot as fuck. I laughed at her current state. She looked cute like that. She looked sweet.

"What are you doing!?" Valarie gasped.

I looked down at the open shoe box. Damn. She had at least 8 gs sitting in there. Shannon laughed extremely hard and almost dropped her blunt. She took another hit and let the smoke fall out of her mouth as she spoke.

"What does it look like im doing?"

Valarie immediately was at a loss for words. Then a smile came across her face as she glanced at me.

"Can we join?" She begged Shannon.

I knew Valarie had obviously never smoked before, and when someone smoked for the first time they usually aren't even high and just think they are. Which makes them annoying as fuck.

"Fuckkkk noooo g. This is my beautiful weeeeddd." She said slurring her words. She grabbed her shoe box and help it tight against her chest, letting out a huge laugh.

She looked so cute right then. I wanted to just sit myself next to her and let her know how adorable she looked. But obviously, that was not going to happen. Wait, shes a fucking bitch when shes sober. What am I thinking?

"Let us smoke with you, or im calling the cops." Valarie crossed her arms.

Shannon's face immediately dropped and she snapped her head to the side to meet eyes with Valarie. She stayed silent for a few seconds and then let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Yeah whatever. Ill roll you guys both a blunt each."

She got out her stuff and did what she needed to do. I watched her fill up my blunt graciously. As she filled up Valarie's blunt she almost left it half empty. Not that Valarie even noticed, nor would she. I chuckled under my breath and took the blunt from Shannon's hand as she lifted it up to me.

She handed me the lighter and one by one we all sat in silence taking hits form our blunts. After a few hits I already felt it kicking in. A few more hits later I knew I was gone. I hadn't smoked in a while, not since I had started taking xans again. Me and Shannon watched as Valarie took her pussy hits and not even inhale on half on them.

"You smoke?" Shannon asked, looking up at me.

"Yeah, a lot."

She grinned at me, but the quickly looked away into the woods around us.

Shannon had rolled herself another blunt, and was just about done with that. Valarie greened out (gotten to high to smoke anymore) halfway through her first one and insisted I finished it. So I did. Once me and Shannon completely finished smoking Valarie was completely passed out. She fell asleep fast as fuck.

I looked over at her slump body and laughed. Shannon glared over at me and began packing her things up.

"Yo," I began saying as I let out a laugh. My voice is so weird. "Whats your like, problem with me?" I asked her.

Her eyes darted up at me.

"I've had to many new people intrude in my life Diego. I don't want things to get even more fucked up." Her eyes were heavy and she avoided direct eye contact.

"What happened?" I was genuinely interested in what hurt such a kind hearted girl. What turned a sweet person cold.

Her eyes teared up as looked down at her sleeve.

"Shit, Shannon." I got up and moved myself so I sat next to her.

I grabbed her arm and lifted up her sleeve. Her wrist was lined with cuts. Some fresh and some old. She looked up at me and tears streamed down her face. I didn't know what to say. Her dark brown eyes were heavy with pain and I could tell her heart ached.

I slid my thumb across her cheek and cupped her face up into my hands. She looked deep into my eyes and although no one was talking, I felt as If I just learned everything about her.

Her face glowed in the moonlight. She was so perfect. For a minute I felt completely sober. I knew this was the girl, the girl that made my stomach turn. I leaned in slowly and soon enough our lips crashed together and nothing else in that moment mattered to me. As her soft lips kissed me back I knew that this was what felt right.