Chapter 11

Shannon's POV

I left the Subway quickly making my way into my car. My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly and I tried to figure out what to do. Before I even had a second to come up with an idea I heard a light knock on my car window.

I lifted my head up fast, surprised at the sudden break in my silence. I saw Diego staring down at me with a weak smile on his face. You have to be fucking kidding right now. I rolled my window down and shot him an annoyed look.

He had a huge cut across his face and I panicked with worry. Although, he didn't seem very fazed by it.

"What the hell did you do to your face?" I unbuckled my seat belt, leaning closer to him.

"Oh, nothing major." He let his hair fall over the top of the gash.

I stared at him for a few seconds trying to figure out what to say next.

"How did you find me?" I leaned back into my seat slowly.

"Can I come in?" he asked, avoiding my question.

I looked to the passenger seat and debated letting him in. Remember, no contact.

"I- I have to go." I began putting my car into reverse.

His eyes filled with agony and I could see how bad he needed to talk to me. He looked like a lost puppy. It made my heart fill with guilt.

"Oh, okay." He looked at the ground. "Just please text me."

I rolled the window up and drove away without saying a word. I couldn't handle the lonely silence and plugged my phone into the aux cord. I clicked shuffle play on my playlist.

As my music played I mumbled along quietly, waiting to get home.

"You used to say you in love
I used to say that shit back
Taking that shit from the heart
Now look where the fuck where we at
Girl you got me, just going out bad
Love scars, you got me real sad
Lookin like you had a past
I was hoping that shit was gon' last, oh"

—————

Diego's POV

I desperately tried to get a hold of Shannon but she never responded. I needed to talk to her. I knew that I liked her. A lot. No girl had ever made me feel the way she did.

I couldn't explain the way she made me feel. But I knew it was a way I wanted to feel forever. I wanted to know her. Everything about her.

I needed to talk to her about last night. I didn't want her to think I just took advantage of her because she was high, or that maybe I just used her as a "oral" one night thing. But I knew there was no way she was going to agree to meeting up with me.

I checked her snap location and saw she was at subway. I grabbed my car keys, running out into my car. It was about a 20 minute car ride from my house. I pushed my foot heavily on the gas pedal. I made sure to continuously check Shannon's location, just to be safe.

My car sped down the road. My grip became tighter and tighter on the steering wheel. Time slowed down and I saw my car slowly coming into contact with the car in front of me. I felt the overwhelming pressure smash into my chest. Everything went black.

....

I woke up just a blink later, feeling the bright lights burn against my eyes. My mind screamed for me to close them again but I refused. I tried to sit myself up, but my struggle was cut off by the extreme pain coming from the source of my breaths. I moaned in pain loudly just before a doctor rushed into the room.

"Ah! Mr. Leanos. You woke up quite fast."

"What the fuck happened to me?" I was finally able to sit myself up.

"You got into a pretty bad car crash. You didn't seem to get too scratched up, but we will need to run a few test to see if any damage was caused internally. A nurse will be in here to get you in just a few minutes."

I checked my pockets for my phone. I grabbed it and checked on Shannon, she was still at Subway, I had time.

"Sir, Doc, Boss, whoever you are. Im fine, yeah my chests hurts or whatever but Ill take some Advil. I know my rights man and by the law you can't force me to stay here." I began to get myself off the hospital bed.

The doctors eyes widened, "Sir, I know we can't keep you here, but I advise you do. God only knows what could have happened to you in that car crash!"

I rolled my eyes and unplugged all the wires from my chest and arms. I walked quickly out of the hospital, ignoring any doctors that told me to do otherwise. I knew my car was probably on the side of the road somewhere so I called up and Uber.

As I pulled up to the subway I saw Shannon getting into her car. I began to run to her but the pain in my chest sent a shock of torment through my spine. I sucked in sharply, trying not to yell out in agony. Once I pulled myself together I slowly walked over to the car and knocked on her window.

She rolled it down for me. Her eyes immediately darted to a cut that layed on my face from the car crash. She asked what had happened and I let her know it was nothing major. I didn't want to make a big deal of a little car crash.

"Can I come in?" I wanted nothing more in that moment to just get into her car and talk to her for hours. I needed her.

"I have to go." She mumbled before leaving the parking lot.

I felt the rejection hit me hard. Had I been the one who was actually used? Maybe she just wanted some dick, and that night only meant something to me.

"Oh, Okay. Just please text me." 

I watched as she pulled away and screamed out in frustration. WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T SHE JUST LET ME TALK TO HER? I threw my fists to the ground and punched it until my knuckles dripped with blood. Dealing with anger was never my thing.

Once I had enough and I knew I needed to go home and cool down. I called another Uber and waited for it to come pick me up. When my uber finally arrived I hopped in and gave the man driving the diretions back to my house.

I was so full of anger that the whole ride my fists were clenched tightly at my sides. I felt a knot build up in my stomach. Before I knew it, I was throwing up everywhere, and then everything went black. Again.

------

Im sorry if the last chapter was pretty boring but I tried to make it up in this one. Let me know what uu all think.

300 views lil babies!! Tyyyy, love you.