Narrator

Zane woke up the next day giddy, only to remember he had no time to prepare for a date, since he was still at Travis' house.

He looked at the clock.
7:40 am. Perfect. Great.

If he left now he could get in his room before Garroth would wake up.

Zane left a note saying to text him date details, and that he had to go home.

By time he was climbing the tree to his house, it was 8:20. Garroths alarm went off either twenty minutes ago, or in ten minutes. He slithered into his room, closed the window, and turned his computer on, returning to an MMO game.

Garroth opened his door, seeing he was awake, and then closing the door. 

Then he open the door again.
"who's pajamas are those?"

Well fuck. In Zane's hurry to get home, he left his clothes at travis' house and he was still in travis' pajamas. 

"Travis' pajamas. He gave them to me at the sleepover to keep." Zane lied quickly.

"Wha- when?" Garroth interrogated.

"When everyone fell asleep, him and I woke up, and since I came wearing his pajamas, he gave me another pair and took his other pair back." Zane lied quickly and hoped it would work.

It did, though Garroth was suspicious but enough persuasion and Garroth was off his back.

Travis texted him details, a lake nearby and he would come pick him up, around two.

Since it was only 8:30, he had quite a while.

Then again, time flies on MMO games, when he looked at his clock it was already one.

So naturally he took a Thirty minute shower, and took fifteen minutes to get his hair and outfit, and he scrambled around his house frantically, brushing his teeth, grabbing a game he vaguely remembered Travis not owning, but playing whenever he  was over in garroths room. 

Thank Irene he didn't ring the door bell. Or knock. Zane had finished a minute early, enough time to see his car and yell a quick

"I'm going out!" And then run to Travis's car.

Zane got in smiling at Travis, his mask off as soon as he entered the car.

"Your freckles could actually go against the galaxy, like, they could actually be stars." Travis mindlessly commented, causing Zane to blush a red hue.

They hadn't left the front of the ro'meave house yet, though it was fine, no one really cared where he went. No one would bother to check.

"Oh uh! I got you this." Travis held out a notebook for Zane.

"You told me you like to write when you came to hangout once right?" Travis stated. "I figured you'd like it."

This of course prompted Zane to take the notebook, and then hand over his gift, which was admittedly just Luigi's mansion.

"Dude, you know I'm a slut for Luigi games!" Travis laughed.

Though through the corner of Zane's eye, as they drove off, he swore he saw Garroth going outside.

When they arrived at the lake, the scenery amazed Zane first and foremost. The lake glistened as Zane's eyes glossed over it.

"It's beautiful..." Zane mumbled.

"Like you." Travis cooed.

Travis and Zane both turned red.

"I uh, I mean! Not that your not beautiful, oh man that was creepy of me to say, uh.." Travis laughed awkwardly.

Zane's face was red but he regained his composure. "I, uh, thanks, your kinda pretty too." Zane mumbled.

"Hey Zane, look!" Travis called, near the lake waters.

Zane came closer, only to get splashed in the face.

"Oh it's on travis!"

The two boys childishly splashed each other, till Zane lost his balance and pulled Travis under with him.

Both boys came up spitting water and laughing, standing up as they were still in the  areas they could walk , but deep enough to get completely soaked if they fell.

The boys both tried to splash again, which lead to them slipping again, Travis falling on top of Zane.

Travis let a string of apologizes fall over his lips, and Zane accepted them all.

The two sat in a peaceful silence.
"Can I.... y'know. Uhm." Zane stumbled on his words.

Travis smiled, "of course you can." Travis whispered quickly, before pulling Zane into a kiss.

Zane pushed off quickly.
"What if there's people?" Zane squeaked quickly.

"There's no one but us." Travis answered, pulling Zane back into a kiss.

The two pulled away blushing, and giggling softly.

"We should really get back to your house." Travis chided.

"We are both soaked Travis. I can't go home like this!"  Zane laughed.

"Whaaat? Your gonna be fine. Say you fell in a puddle! A really large puddle!" Travis joked.

Zane laughed along.
"Fine, I guess it's getting late."

They arrived at the ro'meave house, to see the light still on, well, fuck. It wasn't that late, but they had hoped the lights to be off anyway.

Zane hugged Travis and then got out the car, pulling his soggy mask up onto his face. 

As soon as he entered in, his entire family had been seated at the dinner table.

He tried to sneak his way up the stairs, once of them creeked, giving him away instantly.

"Zane, downstairs now please." Garte called.

Well shit dad was eating with them today of all days? 

He walked into the dining room, still soaking wet.

"Zu-zu! Are you okay? Your absolutely soaking!"  Zianna worried.

"I, uh fell into a puddle. A really big puddle." Zane laughed softly at his own words. 

Garroth eyed him, but didn't say anything.

Zane was going to retreat to his room but he fathers grip caught him.

Zane sat down in his seat, because this meant one of two things, his father wanted him to eat like a family, or there was a family meeting.

He hoped for the first option.

Luck on his side, he was let off and showered before going to his room.
He stayed up till midnight talking to Travis.