Part 6

The words that came out from Hangyeom mouth really caught Hyojin off guard. His mind can't catch up.

'Mate? Did he just ask me to be his mate?!'
Thousand scenarios filling up his head. Maybe Hangyeom hit his head somewhere and forgot what it means to be mate.

Hyojin hasn't thought that he would become someone mate. He always so bright and well accomplished so the idea of it never crossed his mind. In the end, omega is the lowest rank in wolf hierarchy. And sometimes, male omega can be alpha's mate if they want.

"Why? Why I have to do that?" carefully, the words came out from his mouth. His voice barely can be heard.

"I don't know. You're asking me if I need help. That's what I need"

"Is there any further reason? I mean..." Hyojin trying to calm himself. He want to scream and tell Hangyeom to fuck off but he need to know. There's something Hangyeom hides from him. He can sense it.

"It is has something to do with your wounds?"

Upon hearing Hyojin words, Hangyeom answer it immediately.

"No. Never mind. Let's pretend I never said that"

It's almost like Hangyeom suddenly lost interest in him. Hyojin seems kinda hurts knowing that.

And Hyojin ask that thing. The thing that he regret saying it after 1 second it came out from his mouth.

"Do you love me?"

"I don't know"

What did Hyojin expect? They barely know each other. There's no way he'll say 'yes I do love you'.

But Hangyeom being honest. He never felt any affection since he has to life being someone he doesn't. The next thing he know, he stumble upon Hyojin, someone who give him everything he never felt before.

So he doesn't know what kind of feeling he has for Hyojin. Maybe it's just an obsession. Or a fling because he was the first one who genuinely worried about him and always being patient with him.

"Then you shouldn't say that kind of thing easily!" He didn't mean it, but his voice is louder than Hyojin expected.

It's doesn't easy for Hangyeom to say that. He thinks about any posible way to protect Hyojin and that's the only way they need to do without Hangyeom had to stay away for Hyojin.

Probably, Hangyeom didn't realize it. But, he already trapping Hyojin between him and the dining table. The whole house become really quite. The only thing can't be heard is their heavy breathing.

'How many time do I have to be in this position?!' Hyojin's mind screaming.

They look into each other eyes. Waiting. Hangyeom is angry, but why Hyojin found he's hot? Hyojin must be crazy. He'll get squished any time soon but he can't broke the eye contact.

Hangyeom, in the other hand, felt so mad. More to himself. He should be angry because some omega rise their voice towards him. Instead, with this close distance, he remember their kiss. Looking at Hyojin lips, he knows if he didn't back down, he'll kiss him again. Harder

"Don't rise your voice at me, Omega" and then he walked away.

Hyojin finally snapped
"We're not sharing the same bed tonight. You sleep outside. On the couch"

"Actually, I'm going to sleep 'Outside' " Hangyeom answer him without looking back.

At the time Hangyeom close the door, Hyojin tears coming down like a river. That night is their first fight, and Hyojin hope it's not their last.

💢💢💢

Hangyeom can't focus on his class now. They're studying about the current event that happened in their territorial. His major is law and he need to pay attention since he need to graduate with high GPA and get into ministry of law and justice.

But he start thinking about Hyojin and he know he messed up when he leave him alone in the house.

'What if something happen to him'
Hangyeom doesn't want to continue his wild thought.

After classes ended, he rushed to Hyojin headquarter. It's past his work time but Hangyeom hopes he still in the office. He needs to walk him home.

There is not many people in the lobby. He can spot Hyojin by his scent. Instead of Hyojin, he smelled that beta scent. Hyojin bestfriend, Donghun.

They saw each other, and Donghun approach him.

"Hey there!"

Hangyeom doesn't know how to act around this man. He is to friendly toward someone he just know.

"Hey"

"Are you waiting for Hyojin? He already went home 10 minutes before"

"Really? Ah thank you Donghun-si. I'll be going then"

"Wait" before Hangyeom turn his body, Donghun grab his arm.

"What is it?" Hangyeom trying to keep his composure. He need to find Hyojin now.

"Are you guys fighting?"

'Great. He knows our private life. I thought Hyojin hyung not a chatterbox'

As if he can read Hangyeom's mind, Donghun continuing his sentence.

"Hyojin didn't tell me. I just know it. He is so gloomy today. His eyes kinda puffy and there's red dot in his middle finger knuckle. He always bite that part when something stressing him out"

That information makes Hangyeom feel bad after what he did last night.

"I just want you to know that Hyojin is already having a lot of problems without you have to add on it" Donghun says it while smiling.

But Hangyeom knows this guy being serious and genuinely care about Hyojin. They split up after saying goodbye. Afterward, Hangyeom going straightaway to Hyojin house.

He almost reach Hyojin house when someone stop him on the track. Park Seungjun standing right in front of him.

"I don't have time for you now, hyung. Step aside" Hangyeom bare his teeth, showing his big, sharp fang.

"I know. I have important thing to say to you. Your beta friend's. He got him"

"By he you mean..."

"Yes HIM. The one who make you bleed. Twice"

Hangyeom heart seems going to fall out from his chest. That creature, is strong enough to hurt him. If it's Hyojin...

The humanity within him slowly fade away. His blood boiling with rage and his claw started to come out.

"Where is he?"

"I swear, if he touches a single hair on him, I'm going to kill you guys. All of you"

To be continued...