Royally Screwed

She woke up groggily after hours of travel through the countryside and into the city and looked outside. They'd arrived at the castle and it was just as breathtaking as before. Even more so, up close, now that she could examine every nook and cranny, every beautiful detail of the palace. She looked around for Devon but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

He'd left her alone in this foreign place. He hadn't even escorted her inside. She thought that he would at least be with her when they arrived and show her around. How was she supposed to get to the maid's quarters or get freshened up? Didn't he think of anyone but himself? That was so selfish of him, especially after the night they shared.

She entered the palace through the back entrance, where the servants entered. "Did I come here before", thought Suzanna, "This places looks  familiar". Maybe when she was little and naive and didn't have a single care in the world. She only just recognized this place, and now it was too late to turn back. She used to play with a little girl here when she was younger. Around five or six years old. Arabella. That was the name of the girl she used to play with as a child. If she remembered correctly. That's Devon's sister, she surmised. PRINCE Devon. She didn't recall ever seeing the queen before. Her face seemed unfamiliar to her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when a pale, skinny man approached her.
"I have placed your luggage in your room, My Lady. Shall I escort you to your chambers?", he asked expectantly.

"Why was this man addressing her as My Lady?", she thought to herself. She accepted his request and allowed his to escort her through the many pristine, picture perfect hallways of the palace, until finally they arrived at her room.

" We have arrived, My Lady", stated the man in a serious tone.

" You don't have to be so formal. You can just call me by my name. Suzanna. My name is Suzanna. Or Anna if you prefer it." she said.

He stared at her in astonishment, his mouth slightly agape. As if nobody had ever told him that before.

"Did people not have names around here?", she giggled to herself. When he realized that his composure had faulted, his stony face reappeared and he questioned her once again.

" Shall I send a dressmaker to your chambers, My Lady?" Clearly that was here to stay. At least it was My Lady and not her actual...nevermind. She shouldn't be thinking about that. She would only upset herself.

" For what?", she asked. Surely Devon wouldn't want her to get anymore clothes. She didn't need a fancy outfit to cook and clean.

" For the dinner party this afternoon. All the royal family will be in attendance. The queen has ordered it to mark the return of His Royal Highness Devon, the Future King."

" What job have I been assigned for this royal dinner? I can start preparing immediately. I am quite experienced in all types of jobs. I can cook, clean, garden, child care and many more other tasks. There is nothing I cannot do", she stated proudly. She was a hard worker. And besides she wanted to keep herself occupied and to rid her mind of any thoughts about HIS MAJESTY.

She didn't want to think of him and he had been on her mind since he had abandoned her all day. She hadn't expected him to marry her after what had happened  between them but she had expected him to make sure she was okay, at least. But who was she to him anyway. She was just a servant to him, there to cater to his every need. He was just like every other royal out there. They used anyone and everyone to get what they wanted, without regret and without a second thought.

Maybe she had been silly to give in to him but there was nothing she could do now but hold onto the shred of dignity she had left. She had wanted it. She practically begged him to take her. And it was out of this world. Indescribable. The intense pleasure that he could give her. Just the thought of his fingers on her body made her shiver. Need courses through her and she felt herself become wet.

Suzanna was so in her thoughts that she didn't even realize that she was now alone in the massive hallway.

She  went inside her room and she couldn't believe the sight before her. How could they give a mere maid such a luxurious room? Of course, she was used to such pleasures in her old life, but that was just a distant memory. Now, in this life, this was unreal. She looked at the huge, soft bed, the wonderful chandelier and the balcony outside. She stepped into the balcony and gazed out at the scenic view. Absolutely gorgeous.

She turned around and gazed at the bed. Without a second thought, she ran inside, jumped inside the covers and fell asleep in seconds with a dark haired man with huge biceps sneaking into her dreams.

"Mmmmmhhh", Suzanna moaned, her voice laced with sleep,  "How wonderful to wake up like this. A girl could get used to this". She didn't even feel like waking up. Her body felt utterly rested and she hadn't had such a good sleep in years. This was the life.

" Get up", a voice said sharply.
Suzanna shook her head. She wasn't ready for this right now. It can't be. Not in her room and not in the palace. She must still be dreaming. Or suffering from withdrawal symptoms from not seeing him the whole day.  She hadn't even opened her eyes as yet.

Her eyes slowly opened, and she gazed into two beautiful brown orbs. Devon looked irritated. Which made him looked sexy. Which in turn made her feel aroused.

Don't forget to vote and comment. It will be much appreciated.♡♡♡

Xoxo
Sara