|| ELEVEN ||

THIRD PERSON
Zach and Kendra

Zach has been hurt a quite few times in his life

Zach has been hurt a quite few times in his life. Like when Tina cheated on him, when he dislocated his shoulder as a kid, when he blocked a shot from Karlsoon with his ankle, and lastly when he got a puck to the face.

But what he is about to face, will hurt him a million times more than he has been hurt already.

||

[11:45 pm]

||

Zach spots Kendra leaning against the railing, and the night they first met is ringing through his head.

"Hey." Zach says as he leans against the railing right beside Kendra.

Kendra stays silent.

[11:46 pm]

"I know why you've been ignoring me." Zach starts as there is then silence between the two.

"Please don't be mad" Zach starts but Kendra is quick to cut him off.

"Don't be mad? I have the right to be mad as fuck right now! You used me as a rebound Z! You're so selfish!" Kendra says turning towards the man with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"But everything between us was real." Zach says heartbroken at the girl in front of him.

"How can I know for sure?" 

[11:48]

As Zach takes a long pause, Kendra decides to continue.

"One of the saddest connections is the rebound relationship. You're using one person to try and unlove another. There's nothing pure, or honest in what that relationship is, or ever will be." Kendra starts.

"But I sear everything was real. To me it was!"

"Then why did you take me to the exact same places you took Tina?!" Kendra questions Making Zach roll his eyes.

[11:50]

"I didnt! Tina is all full of bullshit, did you know that she told me you were cheating on me with Austin?" Zach tells the girl making her roll her eyes.

"Well if she's so full of bullshit, why did you get back together with her?" Kendra says making Zach sigh.

"I don't know okay! I don't know." Zach says sighing.

"I broke up with her just now, for real this time."

"Yeah right." Kendra says rolling her eyes.

[11:53]

"I'm serious! Kendra I wanna fix this, I don't want us to just ignore each other forever!" Zach argues with Kendra and she shakes her head.

"After what you did you me, how can I trust you?" 

Then there was another pause.

[11:55]

"You can trust me because you care. You are an amazing human being with the best hope in people. Remember the time we first met up here? I could have been a serial killer, but you still decided to help me." Zach starts.

"Please stop asking me to trust you while i'm still coughing up water from the last time you let me drown." Kendra says now glaring at Zach.

[11:57]

"Nothing you say or do can make me change my mind on you." Kendra says.

But Zach decided to do something anyways.

He kissed her.

[11:58}

When they pulled away, Kendra is left with her heart slowly being put back together.

"I thought you were too pussy to do that." Kendra says making Zach smile.

"You mean so much to me Ken. More than a rebound, more than just a girl who works at a pizza parlor, more than who you think you are. You're so special and you don't even realize it."

[11:59]

"Zach-" Kendra says as a tear falls from her eye.

"I care about you so so so much, and when you ignored me I noticed that I really need you with me, I really do." Zach starts.

"Because I love you Ken." Zach says making Kendra's heart skip a beat.

"Do you love me back?" Zach asks placing a hand on Kendra's cheek.

[12:00]

And Kendra told the truth.