The Move

(y/n's) pov

I took in a deep breath. I was about to go to school in a new town, and of course, I move two days before summer. Normally, I would be fine with that, considering I would sill be in my hometown. Except, I knew no one. "Sweetie, hurry up or you'll be late!" my aunt shouted. "I'm coming" I responded. "Now (y/n) I want you to go straight to school and straight home after, this town has a lot of missing children and I don't want to lose my favorite niece." "I'm your only niece!" I laugh. Life was rough after my parents died, that's why I moved to Derry, to live with my aunt. She was a bit over protective. I decided I would ride my bike to my new school, Derry Middle School. I was lost in my thoughts which caused me to stop paying attention and ran into a parked car. I was freaking out and kept apologizing over and over again. "I am so sorry!" I said. "It's fine babe, get in, I can drive you to your school." the boy who owned the car had said. I knew I was supposed to go straight to school like my aunt told me. "Sorry, I'm not supposed to take rides from strangers." *things* "It wasn't a question, get in!" I was terrified, not thinking I left my bike and ran, I sprinted to school, praying that the creep with an uneven mullet wasn't following me. When I had gotten to school I was out of breath, I was so frazzled I hadn't noticed I had walked into someones conversation. "Oh, I-I'm sorry." I apologized. "No worries, are you new here, I haven't seen you around before? " a girl with ginger hair and piercing blue eyes had inquired. "Yeah, I am, my names (y/n), what about you?" " Well, I'm Beverly, and, this is Ben.  "Hi!" Ben said excitedly.  "Hey, you should come sit with us at lunch! We would love to introduce you to the rest of the Losers." "Losers?..." Oh, the losers is what we call our group, we call it that so others don't have to." Beverly joked, yet there was a tone of sadness to it. "Well then, I'd love too!" Did I just make some new friends?

*time skip to lunch*

Navigating the halls I found my way to the cafeteria being pushed from side to side due to the students rushing out of class. I scanned the room looking for my friends. Suddenly, I heard my name being called from behind me. " (y/n) over here!" I look and see Ben waving his arms around trying to get my attention. As I walk over, Beverly introduces me to the other boys at the table. "(y/n) this is Bill, Eddie, Stan and of course you know Ben ....wait wheres Richie?" Beverly questions "H-H-He got called b-back to talk to the teacher after c-class he should be coming any minute n-now." Bill replied. "He's a trashmouth and he hits on every girl, I thought i should warn you in advance." Eddie added to Bills statement. "Good to know!" I laugh.  Then, across the room,  I notice a boy. He had dark black hair, thick-framed glasses and was wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Our eyes met, and, there was an instant connection. "Damn! He is really cute! ....O shit he's coming over" I think to myself. He sits at the table, I presumed this was Richie so I said hello and introduced myself.

Richie's pov

I saw a girl at the losers lunch table, I had never seen her around so I assumed she must have been new. "Hi I'm (y/n), and I'm guessing you must be the famous Richie?" "The one and only!" I sat down next to her. "So, how do ya like Derry so far?" "It's pretty cool I guess. I mean I've only been here for like two days." she responded while avoiding eye contact with me. I wonder why? "What d-do you have for f-f-fo-fourth period (y-y/n)?" Bill asked. "Oh, I have bio, why?" " Oh, me t-too!" Bill answered. "Cool! We can walk to class together!"She smiled.  "Hey, (y/n) y-you should come to the b-barrens with us tomorrow!" Bill had just invited (y/n) to go to the barrens, why did he do that?! Did Bill like (y/n)? Wait why am I freaking out over this..?

(y/n's) pov

SHIT! I have to get my bike! I hope no one stole it, ugh my aunts gonna be pissed if it's gone....

(a/n) *sorry this is kinda short, I will update when I can, I have finals which sucks. I hope you enjoyed the story so far! :) -Allie*