The Quarry

(y/n's) pov

I woke up to the sun blinding me and Richie's snore was not helping the situation. I was never a morning person. Literally any sound I heard, loud or quiet it would drive me insane. I went to the bathroom to splash water on my face. Oh, how I wished I had some coffee. I know I was pretty young to drink coffee but, it was the only thing that kept me from strangling someone. I stare in the mirror, the bathroom light still made me look dead and the bags under my eyes were adding to the effect. I walk out of the bathroom to see Richie was still asleep. Then I remembered, we had to get to the quarry. "Shit! Richie wake up!" He was still sleeping, oh man was he a deep sleeper. I walk over to him and shook his body, shouting louder this time. "Richie, WAKE UP!" He groaned and sat up. "What do you want babe?" OMGNDEJCHEB he called me babe. Wait, why was I freaking out over this? I can't like Richie, he was a player, just like Eddie said. "I am not your babe." I responded while rolling my eyes. "Why did you wake me up so early? I was having a great dream." He winked. "Because we have to go to the quarry, dumb dumb."I reminded. "Oh, is it okay if we stop by the bridge by the barrens? I wanna see if my bike is still there." "Babe, I seriously doubt it's still there.." "I AM NOT YOUR BABE!" I shout. "Whatever." He mumbled. "C'mon, we have to go! I'm feeling better anyway." That was a lie. My leg still hurt like hell. "Fine. But we don't even know what time they wanted us to be there." "Oh, Beverly told me to be there at 11:45." I checked the clock. "Shit! We have 15 minutes and I still need to get my bike." "Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh fine. Just let me get ready." He grumbled. I walked into the bathroom to put on some new clothes so I wasn't wearing the previous dirty ones. When I walked out I saw Richie shirtless. I started blushing. He didn't notice me until I coughed to break the silence. He whipped his head around and turned a bright red. "(y-y/n) I didn't see you there." He put on a shirt and said "Alright, let's go."

Richie's pov

I hop on my bike and tap the seat, inviting (y/n) to hop on. Her arms were tied around my stomach with her hands interlocked as if she were a bow on a gift. When we arrived, surprisingly her bike was still there. She took her arms off me and sat on her bike. Her touch still lingered around my waist. I wanted her to stay with me, was it bad that I hoped we wouldn't find her bike? My thoughts came to an end when I hear a bell ring which was followed by (y/n) shouting through her laughter "Hurry up slow poke!" I pedal after her and end up being in front. "Who's the slowpoke now?" I yell back. We were so caught up in our 'race' we almost passed the quarry. Surprisingly, we were on time and saw everyone besides Beverly. The guys were already undressed so I stripped down to join. "You're finally here! Now we can consult who jumps first." Stan said annoyed. I coughed up a loogie and spit it into the water. Mine went the farthest so I assumed I won the right to jump first. Eddie started complaining about he won due to his loogie's 'mass'. "...Its mass its always been mass!" He argued. "what the- what is mass?" I question. "It doesn't matter how far it goes, it matters how cool it looks. Like if it's green or white or juicy and fat." "..Alright, whos first?" Bill piped up. "(y/n) and I can go." A voice from behind had said. It was Beverly. "Beverly, I never agreed to that..." Then I see her, (y/n) was HALF NAKED! She looked hot. "Sissys." She said while dragging (y/n) with her. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" I shout. I heard (y/n) screaming the whole way down. "Holy shit, we just got shown up by girls!" "Do we have to do that now?" Stan gulps. One by one we all start jumping off and I was the last to go. "C'mon Richie, just jump!" Beverly shouted. I was hesitant to dive off the cliff but, I didn't want to seem like a wuss in front of the guys. In front of (y/n). I jump off the cliff and form myself into a ball. "CaNnOn BaLl!" I yell.

(y/n's) pov

Richie jumped off the cliff and into the water, creating a huge wave. "Anyone w-wanna play ch-ch-chicken?" Bill asked. "Yeah, totally!" Beverly shouted. "I don't really wanna play..." I murmured. Everyone looked at me with appalled expressions. "Why not?" Beverly asked me. I didn't even know why. "I just don't feel like it." I said. Then I started to grow a couple of inches. I look down to see Stan who had me on his shoulders. "STAN! Put me down!" I yelled. "Nope. You're already on my shoulders so we're playing." He argued. "Fine..." Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Richie, who looked pretty jealous. Why would he look jealous, there's no way he liked me. Why would he? I'm literally so annoying... My thoughts got interrupted when I felt the water hit my skin. "Wow (y/n) you didn't even put up a fight." Beverly laughed. "Shut up! I was thinking of something and got caught off guard." "Oh really, then what were you imagining?" Beverly teased. I felt my face turn hot. I didn't need to see my own cheeks to know they turned red. After a few rounds of chicken, I dried off and noticed the guys looking at Beverly tan. She looked pretty cute lying there with the sun reflecting her ginger hair and the breeze touching it softly. Wow, she really was gorgeous. I snapped back to reality and laid my towel next to her. "Beverly, you do know they are staring at you, right?" I whispered. " Oh trust me, I know. I'm just waiting for the right moment to catch them staring." She responds. She slowly looks over then flips to have the sun rays hit her back. The boys looked so flustered and shocked. I started laughing really loud and obnoxiously. Then I snorted like a pig. Crap. "Did you just fucking snort?" Richie asked. "Uhhhh.... no." "That was adorable!" He chuckles. His dorky smile was the cutest thing I have ever seen. His smile lines were enhanced by his glasses which also made his sparkling brown eyes bigger. Plus, his laugh was all that and a bag of chips. "Bag your face, Richie!" I remark. That's when I realized, I had a big fat stinking crush on Richie 'trash mouth' Tozier.  I knew there was no way in hell he would like me back. I was a dexter and he was a dickweed, it would never work anyway.

(a/n) *this took me way to long to finish! also, did you like the little moment where you swoon over beverly? 'cough' bi bi bi 'cough' i'm trying to incorporate more 80's and 90's terms into the story and there's an unsettling amount in the last 'paragraph' - Allie*