The History Lesson

(y/ n's) pov

After we all dried off I saw Richie digging through Ben's bag. "News flash Ben schools out for the summah!" He said with a really weird news anchorman voice. "Oh... that's not school stuff." "Who sent you this?" He said holding a postcard. "nO ONE!" Ben snatched his postcard back then shoved it in his bag. Richie pulled out a bulky green folder filled with research. "Whats with the history project?" "When I first moved here, I didn't really have anyone to hang out with. So, I just started spending time at the library." He explained. "You went to the library on purpose?" Richie questioned. "Oh, I wanna see!" Beverly got up and investigated the folder. I quickly followed seeing how I was curious too. "This is pretty interesting." I remarked. "Whats the blackspot?" Stan asked. "The blackspot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist cult." Things got silent till Bill spoke up "Y-y-y-yur-yur-your hair." "Your hair is beautiful, Beverly." Ben told her. I noticed before but now I was sure. Both Bill and Ben like her! "Oh, right. Thanks." Beverly tucked her short, curly, ginger hair behind her adorable ears. "Here, pass it." Richie reached for the thick binder. "Why is it all murders and missing kids?" "Derry isn't like any town I've been in before. They did a study once, and it turns out people die or disappear six times the national average." Things got really quiet. "You read that?" I say. "And that's just grown-ups, kids are worse. Way, way worse. I've got more stuff if you want to see it?" We all put on our clothes and hopped on our bikes riding toward Bens house. I didn't see Richie, so I turned my head around to check if he was there. Our eyes met.

Richie's pov

(y/n) looked back at me. I kept studying her beautiful (e/c) eyes and the way her (h/c) hair fell in front of her right eye. She turned back around to focus on the road. I followed Ben to his lawn where he dropped his bike. The others did the same except Stan who proped it up like you were supposed to do. Walking into Ben's room I see a shit ton of random missing kids posters and all that crap. "Wow!" I say sarcastically. "Cool, huh?" Ben asked, obviously not sensing the sarcasm. "No! No, nothing cool." I looked and saw (y/n) taking in everything she saw. "Wow, this actually pretty cool! I don't know what you're talking about Richie." I was kinda shocked she called me out like that. "I would have never guessed you like history (y/n)." Stan stated. "Yeah, I'm a sucker for the past..." She looked very sheepish and blushy. "(y/n) you're as red as a firetruck! Do you need to sit down, do you have a fever!? OH GOD SHES PROBABLY DYING!" "Yeah, from embarrassment." Beverly snickered. Then I started blushing at the thought that (y/n) might like me. She probably doesn't, why would she want to date a video game playing loser.

(y/n's) pov