The Feminine Problem

Beverly's pov
I walked into my room and sat on the bed I have in the corner. I took my backpack off to grab a book wanted to read but, a piece of paper fell out. My curiosity caused me to pick it up and I saw it was a postcard. I walked to my bathroom to read what it said in private. I made my way to the bathtub and got in with my legs hanging out. The note read...

Your hair is winter fire

January embers

My heart burns there too

-Secret admirer

Secret admirer? I felt, loved. No one had ever really loved me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a whispering I heard in the sink. "Beverly. Help. Help me please." The voice sounded like a young girl. Intrigued, I got up and walked over to the sink. *you should have just skeeted away while you had the chance* "We all want to meet you Beverly." The voice sounded like a monster when it said my name. "We all float down here." This time, instead of one little girl speaking, it was multiple. That damn monster voice was there also. "Hello... who are you?" I asked "I'm Veronica. Betty Ripsom." Betty Ripsom? She went missing! I started to lean into the sink, as I tried to get a sneak peek at what exactly was in it.

"Come closer."
"Wanna see?"
"We float."
"We change"

I heard a weird sound after the last statement the people in my sink had said. Then, everything when eerily quiet. I walked outside of the bathroom to see my dad asleep. I grabbed his tape measure then proceeded back to the bathroom. I slowly fed the end of the tape measure down the drain. It kept going and going, there was no end. Until it stopped. I took a much-needed breath then pulled the floppy ruler *idek man* out of the dirty drain. Blood. I saw blood on the end of the ruler. It was completely red and covered with hair that had fallen into the pipes when I cut my own.

SNAP

The tape measure reeled back in, squeezing the damp hair off and onto my fingers while the blood oozed out of it. Disgusted, I released it from my grip and backed away only to be caught by a thick piece of hair. It wrapped around my arm and made its way to my neck, as more and more hair strands popped out of the drain. It pulled me closer and closer as it now had a hold on my legs to. The hair was too strong and I couldn't fight it.

All I could do was scream.

I was face to face with the drain as a thick red liquid bubbled out slowly. A burst of it splattered all over me and into my mouth as I screeched with horror. I finally got released to reveal a geyser of blood shooting out onto my bathroom. I backed away against the wall, attempting to shield myself from the blood. I was terrified. It dripped down the walls and leaked onto the floor. It stopped suddenly and the hair retracted back into the pipes. I screamed and cried until the door opened. "The hell is going on?" My father asked me. Could he not see the blood? It was everywhere. Evan a blind man could have seen this! I attempted to explain. "Th-th-the sink an' it... th-the blood and-" I was cut off. "What blood?" My father asked clueless. "The sink. Y-you don't see anything? There was- there was blood and-d i-it..." I rambled. My breathing felt heavy and hitched every time I spoke. Every breath I took was big and felt as if it were the last. My dad walked up to where I was then squatted down to be eye level with me. "You worry me Bevy. You worry me a lot." He reached to my forehead and moved a piece of hair out of my face. "Why'd you do this to your hair? Makes ya' look like a boy." He removed his hand and stood up. Leaving me in awe and utter dumbfoundedness. *is that a word??* With the shut of a door, I let everything out. I sobbed and sobbed. What I just saw would stick with me forever and torment me on a sleepless night.

(a/n) *hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. I'm sorry this took actual years to write! School is annoying and has me swamped with homework. I know this isn't a Richie chapter but, I still wanna include some scenes from the movie. I promise there will be more Richie chapters to fill your little heart with enough feels to keep them happy for hibernation.... what did I just say? Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! -Allie <3*