Chapter 4 - What You Didn't Say

BRANDON

After that night's performance, social media was just wonderful. By the end of the night there was a theory floating around on there that we had been fighting over Normani, which made me feel even more like shit. Cause I didn't want to drag anyone else into the shitstorm my life had turned into during the fight with Jeremy.

Jeremy had anger practically seeping off of him still, and meanwhile I stayed to myself and kept quiet. Figuring it was for my own good at this point. I wasn't going to get any sympathy from anyone at this rate.

And I tried acting like I didn't hear the whispers or see the looks from everyone around me. Josh, Logan, and Alex were the most loyal out of everyone on our tour. But while normally Camila would be right beside Josh in checking on me - she was conflicted. Lauren was Mila's good friend, and Lauren was apparently pissed at me.

So I tried staying out of both Lauren and Jeremy's way. Not wanting to really interact with either of them. Jeremy and I had to coexist, Lauren and I had to coexist. But that didn't mean we had to be best friends.

I was laying on one of the front couches of the tour bus, eyes closed when I heard the door open and close. "Shit dawg, you look like you got ran over by a fucking bus."

I had to smile a little at the tone of Dinahs voice. My eyes had completely blackened by this point, from the broken nose that I had and I did look pretty shitty.

I pryed open an eye and looked at her. "Hey DJ." I replied, smiling at her.

"Bro, you look so much worse than the other night. Jesus your fans are just gonna love this shit." She said, shaking her head.

"Thanks, I appreciate the boost of confidence." I said, feeling my lip pulling at the scab that had grown where the cut was. It had not been a fun few days, my nose had to be reset by medical staff, and to top it off my lip kept busting back open.

Dinah leaned in closer, a look of disbelief on her face. "You sure you aren't like about to die or something? Cause I mean if you think you are, let me know so I can get outta here."

"I'm fine, DJ. Just sore and tired." The door opened again and DJ looked over at it.

"Camz, prepare yourself - it's not pretty." DJ said, I looked over at Camila in time to see the shocked look on her face.

"My god, Josh said it looked bad - but he didn't say it looked this bad." Camila said, shaking her head.

"You missed it, bro. Mani chewed Jeremy out the other day - hasn't talked to him since. He's been moping around ever since."

"I think you can also clarify me as 'moping around'." I commented, shutting my eyes again.

"No I think you may be worse, you ain't even moping. You're just laying here looking like you've accepted death." Dinah said, "Have you even been outside of the bus today?"

"Nope, I'm not gonna be able to perform tonight either. I can't open my eyes all that great - So I'm gonna be laying my ass here all day."

Dinah let out a sigh, "Come on. You're getting out and walking around with us. Don't care what you say, get up before I hit your face."