Chapter 5 - Lost Connections

BRANDON

Please come back home.

It seemed to be a text I was used to getting nowadays. Only now it was only repeated by Logan anymore. Lex and Josh had seemed to give up on the idea of me coming back to the house where all of the guys lived.

Some of the guys had given up texting me, Jeremy and Noah. Some texted to check on me every once in a while, Gabriel and Dylan. And then there was Alex, Josh, and Logan who texted almost every day.

I had an apartment and a girlfriend, Olivia, that I was happy with. My music was doing alright. I was happy with how everything was going.

Olivia and I had been together for a couple months. Originally she had been a rebound, just someone to get over Lauren with, and then she had moved in after a few weeks. It had became obvious that she might as well move in after how many nights that she had spent over.

Logan: at least come over and see everyone. We're having a get together with the girls. They're all in town. Sorta catch up before tour starts back up.

Me: I don't think I can, Lo. Liv and I were planning on staying in today.

I knew Lauren would be there, and I had finally gotten over her. I was with Olivia now and happy. I didn't need to be around Lauren Jauregui. But I didn't know how over Lauren I needed to be.

I didn't know how completely fine I needed to be until I heard the three words that came from Olivia not even two minutes after I replied to Logan.

"Brandon, I'm pregnant."

I would've sworn that I went into shock. My body went numb, my mind went numb. I wasn't really there. I mean I was there, but not really.

I was gonna have a kid. I was going to be a father. And it was with a girl that I wasn't sure I loved. I cared about Olivia, she was nice and she was hot. But did I love her? I didn't know for sure.

Every time I looked at Olivia, I expected to find someone else sitting beside me. I expected to find a dark haired girl with green eyes beside me. Not a blonde haired girl with brown eyes.

"Can I go over to the guys house? See everyone and catch up?" I asked, looking over at her. She nodded, not saying anything.

TIME SKIP

I was sitting on the couch of my old house, motionless. As I had been since I got here and stumbled in the door, sitting down instantly. All of the guys were crowded around, same with the four girls. Everyone was looking at me as if I was half dead.

"I literally think he's in shock." Josh said, leaning in to look at me.

"Yo, dawg. You alright?" Dinah asked, a concerned look on her face.

And then there was Lauren, her eyes just as intense as I remembered. A concerned look on her face too. I couldn't bring myself to look her in the eyes.

"I'm fine. I should be more than fine right now. But yet I'm just fine." I forced the words out of my mouth. "My apartment only has one bedroom..."

"What are you talking about, Brandon?" Lex asked, a look of confusion on his face.

"My girlfriends pregnant." I mumbled, leaning my head back against the couch. I stared at the ceiling. I was in disbelief, we had used protection.