TWELVE

"it's forgotten. it was just adrenaline, i guess. it didn't mean anything."
chapter twelve — adrenaline

Blinking, Debbie looked at her lips, desperately trying not to think about what happened weeks before

Blinking, Debbie looked at her lips, desperately trying not to think about what happened weeks before. It stayed in her thoughts and her dreams, and she hated it. Taking a stick of chapstick from her strewn backpack lying by her bathroom mirror, she hurriedly applied it and ran downstairs to greet her aunt and her cousin in the car.

Betty leaned against the side of the car, while Alice nervously tittered by her. When they saw her, they perked up, and Alice immediately rolled her eyes. "Could you have taken any longer?"

"I don't complain when you take eons to get ready!" Debbie chuckled and placed herself on the backseat of the car, due to Betty calling shotgun an hour ago during breakfast. She shrugged though. Backseat was way better. Less chance of dying if there was an accident.

They planned to stop by Jughead's and pick him up before meeting his dad at jail. After all, he was the reason why they were all going. As they entered Southside territory, however, Debbie fidgeted in her seat, hoping and wishing that maybe he won't be there when they get Jughead. The logical part of her mind told her that he most likely wouldn't be there. But the hopeful part of her bubbled at the thought.

After an argument about who was going to knock the door, Debbie reluctantly forced herself out of the car. She glared at Betty. "You're his girlfriend!"

"I'm already comfortable, Debs!"

Grumbling, she knocked forcefully on the door and sighed. When he didn't open the door, once again, she knocked with as much power, sure enough to alert him of an angry blonde at his doorstep. He immediately frowned at the sight of her, probably expecting Betty. She was quick to respond. "Your girlfriend's already sitting comfortable in the car, didn't wanna knock."

He looked over at the car, and sure enough, Betty waved. Jughead sighed, and turned back to get something. "Wait here."

"Do I have a choice?" Still, she set herself up on the barely standing porch, her feet dangling off the edge. Debbie made some sort of hand gesture to tell Betty and her aunt that he was coming. To pass the time, she decided to examine her surroundings closely. Whenever she came to the trailer park, it was jam packed with people. Now, it was as dead as a ghost town. Debbie speculated that it might be because of F.P.'s slated arrival later that day. However, there was one person.

The one person she dreaded seeing.

At the sight of him, she immediately panicked, going into overdrive mode. Suddenly, Jughead rudely tapped her shoulder, cutting off her shock. "Come on, Deborah. Stop your drooling and let's get out of here."

"Hey!" Debbie checked her mouth. "I was not drooling!"

Jughead smirked, laughing. "You still checked, weirdo."