Heartbroken

It was the day of the Wing Ceremony, you weren't participating. You were already a knight. You were knighted at a very early age, 15, while everyone else was knighted at the age of 17 or older. 

You were getting ready to go out for the day. Brushing your very messy (h/l) (h/c) hair. While putting on your (f/c) tunic top, black pants, and boots. You were different, but different wasn't a bad thing. But you always longed for something more. You always felt something calling you. Like you had a greater destiny than the one you knew so well.

As you walked out of the Knight Academy you saw Groose and Link butting heads. Extremely interested in what was going to come out of their mouths. You hid in the shadows. If things get out of hand I'll would interfere, you thought.

Groose said, "You have two girls at your fingertips. I wonder, which one do you like more."

You immediately wanted to hear this. You wanted to hear how your crush felt about you.

Link said, "I don't like Zelda or (Y/n) like that."

You felt like your heart was stabbed by a dagger a million times. Link's words crushed you. He wasn't lying and deep down you knew it. You were in love with your dirty-blonde friend. But to hear those words were just soul shattering to you. 

You wiped away your tears and managed to keep your feelings hidden. You walked over to Link and Groose.

"Groose," You said, "I hope you aren't trying to pick a fight with Link again. Now move along."

"Well excuse me princess, I was just trying to be friendly to Link. And you should hear what Link said about you."

"I'm not interested in your delusions, Groose. Go get some practice in for the Wing Ceremony." You lied right through your teeth.

Link said, "Thanks (Y/n), I have to go see Zelda. See you at the Wing Ceremony." 

As he hugged you, you said, "Yeah, bye Link."

Once he was far out of sight you ran back into the Knight Academy. Then cried into your pillow.

While you did this a Demon Lord beneath the cloud barrier watched and waited for the best time to show himself.